[ twenty ]

The two males were seated at the back of the public bus. Shotaro was right next to the window and bobbing his head up and down softly as the music from his earphones blasted through his ears.

"Shotaro you must be going deaf," Haruto sighed with a shake of the head. There was no response making Haruto chuckle slightly. "Shotaro, you there?"

Again, no response.

Haruto reached his hand forward and pulled one earbud out of the elders ear and placed it in his own and that was what caused Shotaro to turn his attention to the other. "What the hell?"

"So this is the type of music you like," Haruto hummed as a song by who he assumed was Cardi B blasted through his ears. "Hey, didn't you do a dance to this? I remember the video you sent me."

"You remember?" Shotaro let out an awkward chuckle, avoiding eye contact with the other and looking out the window. That dance had scarred him, he first thought it was super cool and that he did extremely well with dancing to it but now looking back on the video he was embarrassed.

"Yeah, it was cute," Haruto grinned, raising his hand up and pinching the others cheek, letting out a soft gasp and pinching the other cheek as well. "Your cheeks are so soft, like a marshmallow!"

"Ah, don't touch," Shotaro pushed his hands away.

Haruto frowned and attempted to raise his hands back up to once again squish the elders cheeks but they were once again swatted away. "But they're so soft," Haruto whined, finally letting his hands rest on his lap.

"It's our stop," Shotaro said, seeing that the bus was about to park on the stop near Shotaros house. Haruto rolled his eyes at how quick Shotaro slid off of their previous conversation and he got up after the other boy, following him off of the bus along with a few other people once it was parked. The sun was blazing hard on both boys as they walked down the street, Shotaro having to squint and cover his eyes while Haruto happily skipped down the street.

"Are you not hot?" Shotaro asked in a mix of confusion and concern, seeing how the boy was wearing a hoodie along with jeans while skipping.

"Nope, I feel great!"

Shotaro cocked a brow. "Did you entirely forget about what happened at school?"

"Nah, I don't care," Haruto said as he slowed down into a walk by Shotaro. "That Sungchan kid can suck my ass, I don't give two shits about what happened with him."

Shotaro managed to let a small chuckle escape his lips and his lips were kept in a soft smile. "I'm sure you both will get along some day, you two would actually make good friends."

"As if," Haruto scoffed.

"SHIT, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!"

After hearing the loud scream, Haruto sprinted into the living room from where he was previously in the kitchen baking cookies for the two boys to eat. "What's wrong?" Haruto asked as soon as he entered, looking at Shotaro with one eyebrow raised, seeing the blonde haired boy perched up on the couch in a standing position while hugging himself in fear, it looked as if he'd just seen a ghost.

"Spider!"

Haruto sighed, he nearly had a panic attack thinking that Shotaro was going to die but it ended up just being a spider. "They're harmless, Shosho. Just ignore it."

"I can't ignore it, it has like a million legs and I'm going to die!"

"Then kill it."

Shotaro turned his head away from the spider on the floor that remained perfectly still, the older Japanese stared into Harutos soul. "I can not kill it."

Haruto scoffed, crossing his arms as he leaned against the arch of the doorway, just deciding to observe what Shotaro was doing. "And whys that?"

"Because it is a living creature, I'm not a bully like you."

"Want me to kill it?"

"No!" Shotaro shouts as he sees Haruto beginning to move. Haruto halted in his steps and looked up to the boy who remained on the couch. "Move it outside, don't kill it or I'll kill you."

Haruto scoffed and turned back around, walking over to his bag. He reached into a bag and grabbed a bit of scrap paper before going over to where the spider was. Haruto made sure to get the spider gently as he felt the burning eyes of Shotaro soaring into his back. The black haired male then turned and made his way towards the archway of the living room, Shotaro following close behind as he left to the door. "Put it down carefully," Shotaro said with his burning gaze. Haruto only nodded in response and slowly bent down and let the paper rest on the grass, the spider not even moving an inch.

"This stupid ass spider isn't getting off the paper."

"It will, just- HARUTO!"

Shotaro kicked Haruto in the backside after Haruto used his hand to swat the spider off. "Ow, why the fuck did you kick me Shosho?"

"I told you to be gentle with the spider and what did you do!?"

"It's a spider, Shosho. Let's just go back inside, the cookies should be ready by now."

"Whatever. I hate you."

The two of them entered the house and made their way to the kitchen but both of them immediately paused after seeing another male in the kitchen, eating the cookies. The person eating them turned to the two frozen males and waved. "Oh, hey guys. These yours?" 

kirishima is dady