[ twenty - six ]

"Should I do it?"

Sungchan turned after hearing the familiar voice and let out a sigh, turning off the tap and staring at the boy who just entered. "Is this our meeting spot or something? Why do you always talk to me in the bathroom?"

"Not sure but you goto the bathroom quite a lot.. Is your bladder alright?" Haruto asks, lacking concern in his question.

"It's perfectly fine. And what do you mean? What're you planning to do?"

Haruto smirked, crossing his arms and stepping closer to Sungchan. "Should I ask Shotaro out?"

Something about that made Sungchans heart plummet but he didn't let it get to him, instead he remained with a neutral expression and raised a brow. "Are you sure he's even interested in you? It doesn't seem like he returns the romantic affection you give him."

"I'm sure he likes me," Haruto hissed, a scowl evident on his face.

"Well if you're so sure then go ahead."

"Alright, I will."

"Hey Shosho, wait up!" Haruto called, adjusting his book bag in his grip and jogging over to get to where his best friend is, close to walking out of the school gate.

"Oh hey Haruto, I thought you'd stay at the library and study today?"

"I changed my mind.. Hey, can we go to that ice cream place we went to las time? I'm really craving it."

"Oh," Shotaro pressed his lips into a thin line, looking out into the distance behind Haruto. "I don't know.. I've got stuff I need to do at home."

"It won't be too long, don't worry. I don't want to go alone."

"Alright I guess," Shotaro smiles. "But don't make it too long. Are we walking there?"

"Yep, it isn't far! If you get tired i'll gladly carry you."

Shotaro chuckled awkwardly as he and Haruto began to exit the school, walking down the pathway that was bustling with students rushing to escape from the hell that they called school. "That won't be necessary, don't worry."

Haruto had no idea what feelings he was expressing right now, he was embarrassing himself so much and he didn't know what to do. Why is Shotaro acting so awkward with him? Did he do something? Should he just cancel the plan?

"Ah, Alright. Just an offer," Haruto kept his smile and tried his best not to make it looked forced. He was anticipating the moment for it to all go down and he hoped that Shotaro liked him back. I mean, it doesn't look like Shotaro has his eye on anyone else.

The walk to the ice cream parlour was quiet and awkward. There was some small talk here and there but other than that the only sound filling their ears were crickets, birds chirping, and small hushed conversations coming from the people they passed every couple seconds. It didn't seem like the best time for Haruto to take his plan into action but the Japanese male did not take that into consideration, he was in too much of a hurry to express his feelings. He wanted to make Shotaro his.

"Go find a table, I'll order. You want the same as last time?" Haruto asks as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket.

"Ah, yes please. And I can pay for my own it's fine-"

"No, no. I insisted on you coming here so it's only fair if I pay. Go find a table.. Preferably isolated from everyone else."

Shotaro nodded in response and turned on his heels to go find a small table. Once he found one he set his bag down underneath and took a seat, nervously tapping his nails on the hard table. He had been wondering what Haruto wanted to talk about this entire time and it has been itching at the back of his head, what was so important? He couldn't wait.

"Here's your ice cream," Haruto interrupted his thoughts and came over with his usual warm smile, sitting down across from him and taking a lick of his own ice cream.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" Shotaro asks after a couple of seconds. He needed it to be said quick, he couldn't stay here long as he had studying to do and he needed to sleep early so he doesn't have a lot of time to study.

"Oh, right," Haruto's heart was pounding, it feels like it's about to burst out of his chest and vanish. He had no idea how to say this and he cursed himself for not practicing. Was this even a good place to say something like this? In the middle of eating ice cream?

"Can we.. Wait until we finish the Ice Cream? I'd like to say this outside."

Shotaro pouted, he was already half way through his Ice Cream and Haruto had barely taken his first lick. "Is it something bad?"

"No, of course not!" Haruto said quickly, sounding like he was rapping. "It's just.. Complicated. It's neither good or bad, you'll understand when I tell you."

"Agh!" Shotaro clenched his fists and softly banged it on the table, careful not to damage the table. The sudden burst made Haruto jolt even though it was only a small, soft bang. He scrunched his brows at Harutos annoyed face. "Hurry up and eat your Ice Cream faster, I want to know!"

Haruto clicked his tongue but nodded, he was purposely trying to eat it slow so he could both build up the courage and work out what to say but it seemed like Shotaro wasn't planning to be patient anytime soon so he'd have to rush his thoughts a bit and possibly experience a brain freeze while doing so.

Nearly ten minutes had passed and Haruto was finally done with his Ice Cream. Shotaro had finished a few minutes earlier and he'd been lying with his face flat on the table, telling Haruto to hurry up every couple seconds.

"Let's go outside," Shotaro stood up, his chair screechy making everyone inside the Ice Cream Parlour look at him in which he returned a goofy smile and apologised with a bow, pushing his chair in softly before following a chuckling Haruto out the Parlour.

"An alleyway?" Shotaro crossed his arms. "What, are you planning to murder me back here or something?"

"No!" Haruto waved his hands in fright, eyes widened making Shotaro laugh and shake his head.

"I'm only joking you dumby. Now, what is it?"

"It's kind of difficult to say, but.." Haruto cleared his throat, he swore he'd never been more afraid in his life than he is now. This was definitely one of the most difficult things to confess in life and he had spent absolute no time practicing or asking his friends on what to say in this sort of situation.. He'd just have to go with the classic.

"I like you, Shotaro. I really like you."