一/1

Ayako was quite content with her life as it was

   Ayako was quite content with her life as it was. She had people she treasured albeit not knowing if they thought the same about her too. She din't have any dream she wanted to achieve before she died nor any aim in life like others her age. She was just there trying to do everything thrown at her hoping to find her purpose in life.

Walking through the bustling streets of Konoha, she noticed that everyone had an aim in whatever they were doing, may it be reaching somewhere or accomplishing some task. Usually, she would still be at home sleeping, having her breakfast or simply just watching the television. But today, she was summoned to the Hokage office for some unknown reason.

In her opinion, it was too early to even be outside of her home right now but Hokage's orders are Hokage's orders as taught to her by the grey haired guy who was intent on believing he was still young. All she could say to him was "Youth is merely a state of mind."

She was in front on the door of the office when she heard a voice from behind her ,"Ayako-chan, what are you doing here?" "Ah, Mikoto-san I was told by the Hokage to come here yesterday. Are you here for that too?" "Yes, we were summoned." Answered Fugaku like he was a child waiting to be bought his favorite candy. She quickly dismissed the image of a child Fugaku throwing a tantrum.

She knocked on the door thrice,"Come in." the hokage said in a voice that sounded like he had not slept for days. She entered after the two and was surprised to see a bunch of other people she knew like the Ino-Shika-Cho trio and their families. The younger academy kids were playing in a corner. Naruto and Choji had taken it upon themselves to force Shikmaru into participating in whatever they were doing. All in all, you wouldn't think this was the Hokage office if you didn't know any better.

She caught sight of Shisui and Itachi conversing and was about the make her way there when she heard the Hokage say, "We have found a device with a scroll outside the village, namely a device that can make you see things like the past or the future." Ayako knew that the future was not something that anyone can see and even if it could be seen, there would be repercussions, she was reluctant in believing what was being said but she went along with it.

"Surely you don't believe it. Do you, Hokage-sama?" Fugaku was the first to openly express what was going through everyone's mind. "I was reluctant in believing it at first as well but after trying the device out yesterday with the help of some others, I have come to the conclusion that it is indeed not a sham."

This just confirms it, the Hokage has finally gone senile due to old age.

"Then let's do it." Tsume concluded. After receiving several glances from her peers. She spoke up ,"I mean we are all here anyways and I do want to know about the future." "There are consequences to everything, you have to understand that Tsume. I get where you are coming from but we have to think about the consequences as well." Shikaku pointed out.

"Stop being so boring Shikaku, live a little. Don't you wanna know what happens to your 'little deer' in the future."

"Don't call me that" interjected Shikamaru from where he was.