二十二/22

She would never recover from this

"Play?" Ayako managed to say as she held her head and groaned in pain.

"What did you say, Ayako?" Inoichi questioned her.

"He just wants to play." She stuttered, trying her best to stand back up. Her legs wobbled as she used the desk as a form of support.

"Who wants to play?" Inoichi asked yet again.

"Gaara." She stated, looking straight in his eyes.

"And the-" Inoichi was stopped from questioning her even more when the Hokage raised his hands and motioned him to stop.

Maybe he knew what was going on?

"Ayako, are you okay?" Mikoto asked her as she helped her stand straight.

"I'm fine, don't worry... Mikoto-san." She said, putting on a smile. Clearly it was fake but no one commented on it.

"Inoichi, maybe we shouldn't put much strain on her. It wouldn't do well for either parties."

"As you wish, Hokage-sama."

"Now, Ayako-chan, could you tell us all you know? Or recall?" The Hokage questioned her.

All eyes were on her, watching her every move and she felt suffocated. This was inevitable, wasn't it? She didn't have a history, a background. She did not have  something that they could judge.

So, they were trying to figure it out. They were trying to create a background for her. They were trying to make her be a citizen who they knew about. Not someone unknown.

And as much as she understood why they would take such a step, it served no comfort to her at all.

The Hokage permitting the Yamanaka clan head to use a highly dangerous jutsu on her right now meant that she was going to be subjected to it quite a bit.  Because, according to the book she read in the library, it's a jutsu that one had to continue quite a for awhile  before it had full effect.

And most.. well, they didn't survive. Experiments had been conducted under the leadership of Orochimaru regarding this jutsu. It was not a secret clan jutsu but it was also not very popular unlike the famed Mind-Controlling jutsu since not many could use it.

Maybe it was passed down only through the main line? Maybe most just didn't want to learn such a jutsu. But right now, what she knew was that, Inoichi knew how to use it and used it on her.

Her headache persisted even when the others seemingly moved on from the conversation they were having.

She perceived everything as blurry, almost as if her eyesight was slowly worsening.

She saw Shisui waving his hand in front of her and move his mouth. But no words came out.

She tried to speak and ask him what was wrong. But she could not move her mouth, it all felt too heavy.