五/5

The back of a man is shown, he seems to be sitting beside a fireplace

The back of a man is shown, he seems to be sitting beside a fireplace. Another head enters the scene, the person has silver hair that resembles Kakashi's.

"Is that Kakashi?"

"It seems so, he's the only one I know who has such hair."

"Is that you Kakashi?"questions the man beside the fireplace.

The man now identified as Kakashi takes a seat beside the older male.

"Who's the other guy?"

"He... is my father."

"My youthful rival Kakashi, you must not be embarrassed. The fountain of youth runs deep in you!"

"Now that we're both here, will you tell me your tale?"

"Yeah, but it's a long story. So, I want to take my time."

"Yeah, it's fine."

"This has such a calm and relaxing vibe to it, I'm not sure why."

"I feel the same. Having a chat with someone close who you might not have ever thought of seeing again, it's a moment to capture."

"Where to begin, father?"

"Who would have thought that you and I would die so young?"

"Wait! You're dead? My youthful rival! I can't believe the river of your youth has been cut so short!!" Gai said in a youthful way.

"At least, I don't have to hear this anymore." Kakashi said rubbing his ears.

He continued, "No one knows what the future holds and if death is what awaits, I'll accept it."

"You sounded poetic for a second."

"Father, I had always wanted to ask you something. I wanted to know why you, the White Fang of the Leaf willingly chose to ignore the village code to abandon a crucial mission in order to save your comrades instead you were dishonered and committed suicide?"

"The White Fang?" Asked Lee.

"The White Fang was an honorable shinobi of the Leaf." The Hokage started, looking at Kakashi to continue.

Hiruzen didn't feel comfortable being the one to talk about it when his own son was present.

Kakashi, noticing this decided to continue his words, "Simply put, the White Fang was my father and a ninja rumored to be even stronger than the Legenfary Sannin. However, he was faced with a situation where he had to choose between completing the mission or saving his teammates."

He paused, "He chose his teammates. And so he was ostracized by the same people he saved. Thus, he committed suicide and ended himself."

"What?! He saved them and they treated him that way?" Voiced out Ino with her hand on her mouth.

A silent message was given to Ino by Inoichi as to not continue this.

"Past is past." Kakashi said, not willing to continue the conversation further and also as a response to the father and daughter.

"It made me so bitter but you know father, now I realize that you did what you thought was right. You knew what the consequences would be. And you chose your friends lives over the code and I'm proud of you for it."

"I don't know much about him but just from those words alone, I already know I will like the guy." comments Naruto shooting Sakumo an admiring gaze.

"The White Fang Of The Leaf, an admirable man indeed. He was just a little broken from the inside, is what I think." Jiraiya shoots Kakashi a glance and continues, "It's nice to see how much you've grown. And I'm sure he must be proud. "

"Thank you, son."

After the father and son exchanged a few words, a bright light suddenly engulfed Kakashi.

"What just happened?" TenTen questioned.

"My guess is that fate hasn't deemed it his time yet." Neji answered impassively.

"What's this?"

"Well my guess is, it was too soon for you to come here."

"I was right."

"I'm grateful we had time to talk and for your forgiveness. At long last, I can move on in peace and finally meet your mother."

"This was a sweet moment, in my opinion."

"I agree."

The light disappeared along with Kakashi leaving Sakumo to go forward in his journey beyond life.

"So, given that Kakashi apparently ends up dying, something must have happened. He is a well trained shinobi, one of the best if I must say so myself. So, that was quite a surprise."

What could have happened? This was a question that bothered the heads of the occupants in the room.

"He gets revived in the end, which means something bigger than what we can imagine must have happened. Reviving the dead is not something that can be done by anyone and isn't something that's to be done either."

"This clip was rather short as well, indicating that this was more like a snippet of something big."

"Let's just hope, we can find out more about this."

The Hokage spoke up, "Now, since it's getting quite late and I'm unsure if everyone here has eaten yet, I would like all of you to scram for today."

"Scram?" "Yes, scram."

"Fugaku, Hiashi, Inoichi, Shikaku, Chouja, Shibi you are ordered to be back here before 9 pm."

"Yes, Hokage-sama." The jonins disappeared in a puff of smoke as the others scrammed.

Walking along the road of Konoha alone, she had a lot of time to herself.
She had just had a meal at a BBQ restaurant that she heard great things about and the restaurant was now in her list of places she would like to visit.

To think about what a weird experiment that was and why she wasn't surprised. It was as if she expected this to happen all along. But why would she?

Climbing up the stairs of her place, she reached the silent house and heaved a heavy sigh but her mood immediately shifted when she heard the familiar voice.

"Good night Ayako-nee chan!" The greeting of her neighbor rang out as they both closed their doors.

"Good night to you too." She replied as she walked in, slumping down on her bed.

Ayako's notes ;

Kakashi meets Sakumo (Pain destroys Konoha)