*十二/12

Ayako knew something was wrong with this whole thing

Ayako knew something was wrong with this whole thing. She had this feeling of guilt building up in her yet she didn't know why. She had never been bothered that she didn't have any memory of her younger years. But, right now she was hoping somehow, she would regain all her memories.

'A miracle would be great right now,' she thought as she bounced her legs up and down anxiously. 

She felt suffocated sometimes when she watched the clips, like she wasn't supposed to be there.

And what could she do about it? She was here now, and she is paying for just being there by these weird feelings she's having.

She feels sick, but not physically. Guilty, but of what? She didn't know.

And Shisui saw it all, he knew her well. He knows there's much more to her than she herself knows. She had no background, and she was not even a ninja yet she was important enough to be here?

He had a feeling that he was close to finding out something about her as he kept a close eye on her. But he was scared too, he was scared of finding out that she might not be who she lets on. She might just be pretending to not know much of herself, she might just be pretending she was as clueless and curious as he was. It pained him to think of such thoughts, she was important to him.

He hoped that when the truth does come out from hiding, he won't see her smirking at him evilly. But rather, he would be proven wrong about his negative thoughts and his future self would hit him hard enough that he never wakes up. He wishes that she is as innocent as she lets on, or he would be deeply betrayed, deeply hurt.

"There's a bag here!" informed Jiraiya.

No one even saw him go to the back of the room, Ayako thought. Ninjas, she concluded, would be great robbers if the police themselves weren't Ninjas.

The screen hadn't turned on for a while, maybe it decided to give them some time for break.

"I'll go buy snacks for lunch." Choja offered and along with a few companions, he made his way out.

But the few still present came closer to Jiraiya and they discovered that inside the bag contained an envelope and in it, was a letter.

"I never thought about the possibility that it could have been important." murmured Mikoto. "I saw it when I entered."

Written in it was, 

'Ayako. I know you're there. Come to your senses! We might not be able to do this anymore. They've labeled you a failed experiment. Please, this is our last hope." At the end, the sender was listed as Koshi.

"Do you know him Ayako?" Questioned Jiraiya starting right at her.

" I do not. I don't remember...  I don't know." seeing how uncomfortable she got, he was quick to ease her reminding her that she does not need to pressure herself. But Ayako could see through it, and Jiraiya knew she could too. His words held truth but it was also an adult's game. She was still viewed as a possible threat, Ayako knew.

"So, watching this whole thing would be  good for Ayako?" Questioned Itachi.

"That's a positive view. It's good for her, yes. But that does not mean it would be good for us." commented Fugaku.

"I guess we'll just have to see. It's been a confusing ride. We just have to go through with it since we started it already."

"Ayako will hopefully be able to know her background and we will too. But this also means the whole point of it was Ayako and not us. It was not for us to be able to change the future, was it?" contributed Hiruzen.

"This is hurting my brain."

"So, it's all me?"A yako pondered in a small voice, too deep in thought.

Eventually the snacks arrived and as she munched on a packet of potato chips, she wondered why in the name of the Five Great Nations was this happening to her.

 She thought of a way to try and get a way out of the discussion that she didn't think was going to end positively for her. It would be coming soon, maybe not today but soon..

 It would be coming soon, maybe not today but soon