twelve

Hello! So, uh, if you may or may not have seen my announcement yesterday, I have mentioned that I will be taking an exam to become a part of the university's editorial board. It'll be on Monday and gaaah I'm trembling af :< anw,, onto the update!

-------

Chapter 12

Hyunjin noticed that Yiyeon was unusually quiet the moment they arrived at their house. She looked gloomy and less energetic than usual, as compared to Yiyeon being loud and annoying.

He could only scrunch his face as his cousin ignores his entire existence.

Yiyeon, on the other hand, plopped herself onto her bed and did nothing. She didn't know how to feel and react. Everything was driving her crazy.

From Jeno saving her from the ball, Yejin suddenly blowing up, and now, Yangyang.

What does Yangyang have to do with this?

The door to her bedroom opened, causing her to look up, "Oh, it's just you," she told Hyunjin and buried her face on her pillows once again.

The boy snorted, "Who else would it be? Yikyung-hyung is still in Los Angeles, and your parents and my parents are in Italy." Hyunjin sat on her bed. "On a serious note, I came here to check on you since you were awfully quiet today."

Yiyeon sighed, "I'm just... frustrated." She sat up and took a deep breath. "I didn't even know what I did, yet everyone's suddenly mad at me."

"Everyone? Mad at you? Who?" He asked.

"Well, I might have overreacted. It's just Yejin. We kinda fought earlier, and I was only asking about Yangyang's whereabouts," she sighed. "I mean, I already knew that Yejin could be immature sometimes, but I don't quite get it. She doesn't get mad easily, too."

Hyunjin went silent for a while. He actually recalled the people around their booth earlier. They were talking about another booth and said that two of its owners are fighting. He didn't expect that it would be Yiyeon and Yejin.

His cousin sighed, "Yangywang was absent earlier. I just asked her if she knew where he was or what happened to him, and she just... blew up."

"I think I kinda know what's happening," Hyunjin started. "Though just an inkling."

Yiyeon looked at him and raised a brow as if waiting for him to continue what he was about to say.

"Look, I don't exactly know what's going on, but let's put it this way," Hyunjin shifted his body so that he could look at Yiyeon. "Let's say you like a person," he said, and she was nodded, too engrossed in everything that Hyunjin was saying.

He showed her his pointer finger, "Let's say that you're this person... and my other pointer finger is the person you like," he said while holding them up high. "Let's say the person you like still hasn't moved on from his ex, but the two of you are in a good relationship, not just in a romantic one."

Yiyeon raised a brow and just nodded, "Go on, continue..."

"How would you feel if you made all of the efforts in showing him that you love him, but he couldn't see that because he won't even look your way?"

Yiyeon was taken aback. "I... I don't know." She looked down. Her hands balled up into a fist in an instant. "But I would probably do anything so that he'd look my way," she said.