forty four

Chapter 44

Yeonseok frowned and crossed his arms, "No! You can't be with noona!"

Yiyeon immediately stepped between the two and carried her brother, "Yeonseok, what are you saying?" She chuckled. "Don't be mean towards Jeno," she pouted.

The boy huffed and crossed his arms as he looked away.

A week came by in the blink of an eye, and Jeno never felt more uncomfortable in his life. He couldn't even step inside the Hwang residences because Yeonsuk would throw tantrums, much to Yiyeon, Yikyung, and Hyunjin's apology. 

Yiyeon's parents have also talked to Jeno, explaining the whole situation, and maybe persuading Jeno to be more understanding especially when it comes to the kid.

And Jeno is trying, yet no matter what he does, no matter what he gives Yeonseok, the child would still ignore him.

Now, here he is, standing in front of Yiyeon's house, waiting for his girlfriend to come outside. The two of them were supposed to go out on a date; watch movies, eat at a restaurant, and maybe play at the arcade if they still have enough time.

He smiled as his girlfriend slowly walked toward him, but his smile slowly faded upon seeing who was trailing beside Yiyeon. It was Yeonseok, and he was also dressed. He could only guess what was about to happen, and somehow, it hurt him.

Yiyeon looked down shyly, "Uhm... I'm sorry we have to bring Yeonseok with us," she sighed. "He won't let me go and ould constantly throw a fit if I won't take him with me... I-I'm sorry... I'll make it up to you! Promise!" She said, sounding as if she was as disappointed as he was.

Jeno could only sigh and hold Yiyeon's other hand as they began walking. "It's okay, you don't have to be sorry..." He keeps on saying that it's okay, but deep inside, he's wondering why Yiyeon's younger brother hates him so much.

The two of them were supposed to have a date, yet here they are. The whole scenario was all too surreal to Jeno; he can't believe that the competition he would have for Yiyeon's attention wasn't sasaengs, nor Yangyang, but Yiyeon's brother. Her own brother!

***

"Everything alright? Why do you look so down?" Yiyeon asked as she held Jeno's face. 

The three of them were at the arcade, waiting for Yeonseok to get off the carousel ride. The kid looked like he was having the time of his live, but glance at his sister occasionally, especially when other kids approach him.

Jeno shook his head, "I think Yeonseok hates me..."

"It's not like that," Yiyeon sighed as she held his hands. "Maybe the reason why he's hostile is because he hasn't been with you that long," she then threw a glance at the carousel ride that was about to end. "Give him time, love. Okay? I'll also try to talk to him," she said. "Okay?"