thirty five

CW: mentions bullying.

---------

Chapter 35

Thursday. (A day after the exams.)

"Attention, please!" Jaemin said as he entered the clubroom.

Everyone, who was busy doing their assigned tasks, stopped what they were doing and looked at their editor-in-chief. There was a slightly shorter guy standing behind him. 

He's familiar, Yiyeon thought. It was as if she'd seen him somewhere before.

"Donghyuck will be working with us starting today," he smiled and stepped aside so that the other guy could introduce himself.

Donghyuck stepped forward and bowed his head, "I'm Lee Donghyuck, an editorial writer from 2-E! I look forward to working with you guys!" He smiled.

2-E? No wonder I haven't seen him around that much. He looks familiar, though.

The members clapped their hands as they welcomed Donghyuck with a warm smile. Then, the new guy went to his table, which was across Yiyeon's.

Yiyeon couldn't take her eyes off him. There was something odd, but she couldn't point her finger at it. Donghyuck could feel that someone was drilling holes behind his head, and he noticed that Yiyeon was looking at him sternly.

He laughed awkwardly as he did a light bow before settling down. Once he was already seated down, he fished his phone out of his pocket and texted Renjun, whose table was next to Yiyeon's.

Renjun, she's scary.

Yiyeon continued the animation she was doing yesterday. Although the deadline for it was still far away, she decided to do it anyway.

She noticed that Renjun was laughing beside her, but she decided to shrug it off. Maybe someone sent a meme in their group chat, or whatever. I don't really care.

"Yiyeon-ah."

Yiyeon looked up to see Shotaro smiling at her.

"Can I help you with anything?" She asked.

"It's almost lunch, and I was wondering if you'd be eating with Yangyang?" He asked, and Yiyeon nodded. "Can I tag along for a while? I just need to return his notes to him."

"No problem," she replied as she picked her stylus and continued the animation she worked on before dozing off.

The door opened, but Yiyeon paid no attention. 

"Oh, where did you go? Jaemin has been calling you since earlier," Renjun told Yuan, who just arrived.