Chapter 39 - Fresh Air

Finals are coming up for me so here is a chapter!

Tenshi and I were sitting in Ryuku's office. Things were tense as I knew there was something wrong. Ryuku puts her elbows on her desk with her hands in front of her face. "You two weren't at the meeting yesterday seeing as we can't pull so many students who are not directly involved into it. That and with tensions of some of the heroes and recent discovery with magic you two are now a part of this mission." Both Tenshi and I look at her curiously. "We have reason to believe the group that infuriated U.A.'s training camp, the League of Villains, are associated with Chisaki, who is the leader of the corporation."

Tenshi had a question that greatly needed to be answered, "But how do Y/n and I tie into this?"

Ryuku brings her hands away from her face, "We are hoping that if we can arrest one of them we can interrogate about who else knows about magic and who was that person that had attacked Y/n from the sky that night."

Oh yeah, that happened, I had forgotten about what had happened when I was shot out of the sky. My wings needed to be healed and I had to stretch and test them for weeks before I could even think about flying again. Ryuku made sure I wouldn't even try flying in case I messed up my wings mid-air and fell from a large height I wouldn't survive.

Ryuku speaks up again, "In case that we need your help more than we think we ask you both to conserve your magic and keep your eye on your monitors. Try to keep it below half than the recommended line."

"Yes ma'am." Tenshi and I say before we were excused for the afternoon.

//////////

Ever since Tenshi and I were told we would be a part of a large mission I had been training. I had toned my body a little bit but most importantly I had been conserving my magic. I also kept an eye on my bracelet so I can see when I subconsciously use my magic in everyday things and try to stop it but habits are hard to stop especially when you have been doing them all your life. And surprising everyone I had been studying, sure it was on different spells I don't use often but I was studying. The look on Tenshi's face was worth it, however. Shoji had taken her to Recovery Girl because she was so pale and looked like she was going to faint any second.

But there was a lot of stress and pressure, not everything went well during the meeting with the pros. I'm not sure if Tsu, Ochako, Izuku, and Kirishima feel it but I do. We have to do well on this mission, I know I will do well but how will they handle this? So far as I know heroes don't actually go into threatening situations until they graduate. Honestly, if it wasn't because of the villain targeting I'm not sure they would actually make it through the mission.

I let out a sigh as I slam my spellbook closed that my brain gave up on reading. I scribble on a sheet of paper and leave it on my desk, I open my balcony door and bring my wings out. I stretch them before I stand on my railing to get that extra space to prepare my take-off. I jump off the railing and take flight barely missing the ground, no doubt I would have ended up with sprained ankles if I messed that up. I fly past the gates of U.A. and fly around the city clearing my head. I feel a vibration in my pants pocket so I land on the closest building and wince at how cold it is out here.

I pull out my phone and see Tenshi was calling me, "Hell—" I pull my phone away from my ear as I hear Tenshi screaming from my phone. "Y/N WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LEFT U.A. FOR A FLY! YOU KNOW WE ARE NOT ALLOWED PASSED THE GATES! I SWEAR IF YOU'RE NOT BACK HERE BY THE TIME WE HAVE TO SLEEP I WILL PERSONALLY SEE THAT YOU NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO FLY AGAIN!" The phone is hung up by Tenshi as I let out a groan and rub my ear.

"Rough night?" I hear someone say from behind me.

I turn around to see a blonde guy with a scar on the middle of his forehead, I smile sheepishly at him, "Not really just my family gets worried for me you know? Didn't help that she hurt my ear though." I say as I caress my ear.

"Say are you sensitive to sound?"

I nod as I look over the edge enjoying the view as I still try to help my temporary half-deaf ear, "Yeah, the phone call pretty much gave that away huh?"

"That's a poor weakness to have, don't let the Hassaikai take advantage of it."

At the name of Chisaki's company, I snap my head to the man only to feel a heavy impact on my cheek which causes me to let my head get thrown to the side. I hit my head on the railing and slide down the wall that blocks people from jumping off the roof. "Sorry kid...don't trust anyone...not even yourself." I hear as he walks away, my eyes start to close as I can't keep consciousness. I see my phone just out of reach now vibrating against the concrete as it lights up.

I feel too lightheaded to reach for it, too weak to do anything.

Not exactly a large progressive chapter but not exactly a filler! I hope you still enjoy it anyway, I'm working very hard on this story and many other projects.

The end is coming near and I hope you all are excited for it as much as I am to write it.