Willow Bark

So far, nobody has read this story. So if you are reading this....THANKS :)

Eomer's POV.

So much loss. Words could not describe the devastation left by the war. Aragorn and I were soon to be crowned king for cities of ruin. We began marching on the Black Gate with 600 men. Only half survived. As we rode in through the splintered gates of Minas Tirth we were swarmed by women and children looking for their loved ones. Many rejoiced, but so many mourned. I cantered Fire Foot up the stone roads in the direction of the house of the healing to see my sister. That had been her wish, that I prove to her that I really was alive when I return. I rode past the crushed houses and burnt markets yet a few buildings were standing. People had there noes pressed to the windows in curiosity to see my return. None of them came out though. I was nearly at the house of the healing when a woman about Eowyns age ran out in front of the cantering horse. At first I thought she was Eowyn as she had a fine dress on and her hair was long blond waves.  
"MOVE!" I yelled frantically trying to pull off Fire Foot in a split second. The girl wove around through his legs avoiding getting hit. When Fire Foot had stopped I dismounted quickly leaving his reins dangling. The girl was standing a little to the left of Fire Foot's rump scowling fiercely at me. Then her expression softened. 
"I'm so sorry to have got in your way, my lord." She said in a silky melodic voice. I removed my helmet and bowed. She flushed crimson. I creature I never knew existed suddenly roared to life. I yearned to hear her voice again.
"Tell me what is your name?" I asked 
"Willow." She answered, "For the bark, my mother used to heal others." I liked this girl already.
"Mine is Eomer, of Rohan." Her lips puckered and she scowled.
"You returned from the fight I see."  She said icily. Afraid I had done something wrong I went to open my mouth but she cut me to it. "Well excuse me Eomer, I must check if my brother is alive." She said curtly before spinning on her heel and walking away. No stranger ever called me by my name and they certainly didn't walk off on me. I stood there surprised watching as her blue dress walked angrily away.  Eowyn used to joke I knew nothing about talking to women but I didn't think I was that bad... There had to be another reason she didn't like me I concluded as I mounted Fire Foot, war does funny people to things to people.