A Deal with the King

Hello wonderful readers! I am back in lockdown today so I guess I will be publishing some more ;)

Willow POV

"Who did you lose?" He asked. I sighed sadly. There was no reason why I shouldn't tell him I reminded myself.
"My mother died when I was 16. My father was a gaurd for the steward and was called to arms to reclaim Osgiliath. They won the fight but..." I bit my lip and continued. "After that I married my true love Will, My brother joined the gaurd. I tried to tell him not to afters fathers death but he insisted. There was no fighting for a few months and I continued my apocathary business getting my supplies from the forest nearby. Will helped me and for a long time we made just enough money for the clothes on our backs. It was all we needed too as we could gather and hunt in the woods." I smiled at the memory so fondly. "Then, the battle on the horizon finally arrived. We agreed that if we died, it would be together. But it didn't happen. As the city was stormed, archers were aiming at people who were running in the higher levels." Tears ran to my eyes . "They shot Will..." I sniffled. "I tried to save him but he was dying of blood loss. I wanted to keep my promise there and then the crowed pulled me away. When the fighting was over, there was only a mangled life less body left. I had only one person left. My brother Eric. I begged him not to go to the black gate but it was mandatory for those who weren't wounded. My brother had never broken a rule in his life so...." Silence hung in the air except for the snort of the horses.

"I see." Said Eomer finally. "So you want to go back to relive the happy memories?" 
"I guess I do. There is nothing for me here."
"I can give you a house and job so you can have a roof over your head and clothes on your back. I want to help you, if you would allow me too." Eomer said softly.  It turned to face him suspiciously.
"For what? A night, two nights in bed with you?" I snarled. Eomer looked horrified. 
"No!" 
"Then what?"
"Nothing! I feel sorry for you! And honestly, you can't live in Gondor, you've been banished."
"I could if I wanted to." He sighed.
"Fine then. Then I would like Fire Foot back." I considered running away from him. I could use a horse now that I had gotten over my fear. Still though, Eomer was offering me a new life. I considered this. 
"I will stay in Edoras," I said softly "And if I like it, I will stay. But if this is a trick, then you will not catch me again." I told him. Eomer smiled. 
"Then it shall be done Willow."

We returned to Edoras with a few hours until daylight. As we rode in gates it surprised me to think I was back here but Eomer's hospitality made it seem like a good choice. We went into the great hall and got a bowel of soup. Eomer ate his almost absent mindedly, like getting a bowel of soup was what he did when he went inside.
"You know, I could help make this soup taste better if I added in some of the herbs that grow here." Eomer looked suspicious. "I know you don't trust me after the wine incident but..."
Eomer chewed carefully,
"We are in need healers in the village, it would be good if you could live off it..." He said. "When the dawn breaks we will find you a house and I will buy you some clothes. Valar forbid, how long have you been wearing this dress!" 
"Will bought it for me." I said coldly. Eomer gulped guiltily.
"Well if you would like to wear something else then I can arrange for someone to have them made."
"Thank you Eomer." His eyebrows knitted together like he wanted to say something but brushed it of with a fond smile.
"Most people wouldn't dare to call me Eomer even if I wanted them to." He told me.
"Well that's your name isn't it?" I said snappily. He smirked. 
"Yes, I guess it is."