Part 2: Infiltration

The next few years went by in a flash. I joined the Avengers, took out at 'god', and got to know my brother better. It was difficult at first for Steve to adjust to this new world. Things have changed since 1945 including me. For one, I wasn't running missions in the '40s or was a super-soldier. Now I was leading missions with SHIELD and had a permanent position with the Avengers. I still worked with SHIELD but not as much as I used to. My body jolted back and forth as the SHIELD quinjet I was in blasted towards our entended target, a hijacked SHIELD cargo ship. "So what are we dealing with?" Steve asked me as I pulled up the ship we were about to infiltrate on a small tv monitor in the bay area of the quinjet "Hostage situation. Steve, you and I will sweep the deck. Nat kill the engines, and Rumlow works with the team on getting the hostages out."

"Any demands?" Steve asks. I nod before I raise my eyebrow at the amount "A billion and a half." He looks up from his suit that he was securing "Why so much?" I click on the ship on the display to show the SHIELD logo on the blueprints. "It's ours...err it's SHIELD's. I need to get out of that habit." "$10 says you won't." Steve snickered. I raise an eyebrow "I'll triple it if we can get in and out. Nat's got some dates for you lined up." He looked between Nat and me before glaring at Nat "The last thing I need is you two setting me up." I put in my Bluetooth earpiece before checking to see if it works "Look, as your sister...you have to get a life." He raises an eyebrow as he puts in his earbud "I have a life." He protested.

Nat rolls her eyes "Yeah Mr.Popular outside of the team and hanging out with your sister, you don't." I nod with her. He shakes his head as he pushes the button to the bay door open. The light above us turns crimson red "You should ask Kristen from Statistics." Nat starts as Steve nears the bay door, strapping on his helmet, glaring "Don't put any bets on that." Putting on my parachute, he started walking out "Too scared?" "Too busy!" He jumps without a parachute. "I hate it when he does that," I mutter to Nat. Nat laughed before we jumped out of the jet too. We drop in on Steve who is knocking a few of the guys out on the deck with his shield. One comes up behind him with an assault rifle. Slipping a knife from the vest of my tactical suit, I throw it at the guy's neck.

It sails through the air and into the exact spot intended. My feet gently land on the ground next to Steve before I pick up the conversation again "Look, just date someone. Anybody. It doesn't have to be someone Nat or I pick." I drop my parachute on the ground as Nat lands next to us "What about that nurse across the hall from you?" A grin at the possibility forms on my face "That sounds promising." "Secure the engine room and get the hostages then find me a date." Steve huffs in annoyance. "I'm multitasking," Nat says as she hurls herself over the rails of the ship. Steve runs alongside me "Not another word of my dating life on this mission. Got it?" "You know you may be older but I'm leading this mission so whatever I say goes," I respond.

He quickly puts a tech bug on the window of the ship's bridge. We eavesdrop on the captors talking when I whisper "What about Agent Hill?" He stops listening in before glaring at me. He's not at all playing along with that idea. I put my hands up slightly "Geez. Sorry for me trying to look out for my big brother." He rolled his eyes as he whispered to the earpiece "Nat status." "HANG ON!" Nat yells followed by groaning and bones breaking. My lips turn into a pout "How come Nat gets all the fun?" "Karma sucks," Steve whispers. It's my turn to glare at him. He grins before shaking his head as Nat tells us she secured the engine room. "Alright, get to the hostages on my count," I say into the channel. "3." Steve gets himself from a crouching position "2." The team readies their guns. "1." Steve winds back his arm to throw his shield through the bridge window before it sails right through.

(Thank you for reading!)

Insta: bella_billnye_
Tiktok: bella_billnye