Part 10: Well...That Was Dramatic

(Song: I've Got a Feelin' I'm Falling by Ella Fitzgerald)

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch?" Sam called the hydra agent. To be honest, being out in the open like this next to at least 20 hydra agents with civilians around, made me nervous. Sam got the fun job of calling Sitwell while either Steve or Nat fought over the laser pointer. We were back in downtown D.C. outside of a restaurant. It didn't take much to get Sitwell to do what we wanted once we got the laser pointer on his chest. He walked to a gray sedan a block away while we followed a few paces behind him. He took a seat in the front passenger side while I took my knife from my vest and pushed it ever so slightly into the side of his neck. His body stiffened as Sam took us on a drive. I moved the blade across one of his arteries "You know how much I would love to push this blaze into your neck and watch you drown in your blood?"

Sam gave a side glance to me while Sitwell started shaking. "Is she usually this violent?" Sitwell asks Sam. He glances back over to him "All things considering, she's going pretty easy on you." I smile a little as a chuckle leaves me. Placing the knife away, Sitwell takes a breath. I move close to his ear "You think I'm letting you off that easily after you tried to kill my family and me? Just wait until Nat sees you." His body becomes stiff again as we pull up to a skyscraper. Steve was waiting, mad as hell. Pulling Sitwell from the car violently, I pushed him to Steve "Have fun." Steve started half dragging him up the flights of stairs before pushing him out of the door at the top. The interrogation begins. I've never seen Steve do an interrogation before so this should go well. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm." "Never heard of it," Sitwell replied.

Rolling my eyes, I give a small laugh. He's not going to make it five minutes in this interrogation. Nat comes up next to Steve. Steve holds him slightly over the edge of the building "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's not your style, Rogers." Sitwell straightens himself as Steve changes his tune "You're right. It's not mine, but it's hers." Nat kicks him off the roof. So much for that backbone, he was growing. "I love this family," I say as I hear him scream from below the building. Walking over to them "Well done Nat." "Thank you. Hey, what if we set up Steve with Laura from accounting?" Nat smiles. Glancing over to Steve, I see him shake his head "Yeah...I'd like to see that date." At that moment, Sam files up with his wing jet pack with Sitwell in his hand. Sam drops him by me and Nat. Pulling out one of my knives, I look at Nat "I think this interrogation needs a little of my work." Sitwell immediately starts screaming "Zola's algorithm is a program...for choosing Insight's targets!"

I straighten myself with a smirk. My reputation perceives me. "Keep talking," I instruct him. There's a moment of hesitation. Moving my hand to my vest, he starts talking again "You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City. Now, or in the future. Zola taught HYDRA how to read the algorithm." I glanced at Steve "Then what?!" He yells at Sitwell "Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time." I take an involuntary step away from him. I knew we shouldn't have made those carriers. "We need to get to HQ, now." I say as I grab Sitwell and start half dragging him back to the car.

Insta: bella_billnye_
Tiktok: bella_billnye

Thank you for reading! (Here's a donut 🍩 )