Part 16: I just don't Wike it

I yell back as my arms hold his back until Sam flies by one of the helicarriers "What's the plan?" I yell as I see a quinjet start pursuing us "You got a quinjet on your 6!" He dives as the jet starts opening fire "We're trying to hack the ships!" He does a barrel roll as another quinjet comes at us head-on. "Give me your gun!" I yelled at him. Loosening one of his hands from me, he finds one of his guns. Handing it off to me, I start opening fire on the quinjets that follow us. Each side exchanges fire as we weave around the helicarriers. Enough of my bullets go through one of the quinjet's windshields that the next time I fire, it goes right through the pilot's head. The jet falls out of the sky, leaving only one jet left.  "Nice shot!" Sam yells as we make close turns near the helicarriers.

The pilot gets smart by sending all of his missiles at us. "Sam!" "I see them!" He yells back as he leads the missiles into the helicarriers. "I'm dropping you!" Sam yells as he makes a b-line for the window shell under the belly of the ship. I loosen my grip on him just as he does. At the last second, he rolls into a ball as a few missiles follow me. Using Sam's gun, I shoot them as Sam flies off to the side as they explode. Kicking his jets to max efficiency, he dives into me again before going back to the belly of the ship. A large jagged hole had formed on the side, allowing us to make an easy entrance to the computer. I look around at the place "You know if they didn't want their supercomputers hacked, maybe they shouldn't have put it in a glass fishbowl." Sam puts a new cartridge into the computer "Weren't you part of the council that approved the designs for these ships?"

I nod "Touché."

The computer closes as Sam communicates to Agent Hill via Bluetooth that we had successfully hacked this ship. Putting his arms out, I pull him into another hug as he takes off for the next ship. Speeding out, Sam yells "Wait! I still have Mary!" Being right next to his face, I yell over the wind "What's going on?" I see a small figure jump from the helicarrier as Sam yells "Your brother asked for a pickup!" "Get him! Just use one of your arms for each of us!" He starts diving. "Easy for you to say, Supersoldier!"  My eyes tear up as the wind blisters past us. When Sam gets close enough, I let go of him to switch to one arm. Sam groans just as he catches Steve with his other arm. Letting out a yell, he manages to get us all back to the ship, cursing "You both need to lose some weight!" "Thanks for the lift...!" I start before getting punched in the face by a metal arm, sending me into some supplies.

If I could feel a hangover, this would be the feeling. My mind swirls as the serum in my veins move quickly to heal the concussion I just received. In the time it took me to stand, the Winter Soldier manages to throw Steve off again and break Sam's suit. I love Bucky but this other dude who's here is pissing me off. Taking a knife into my hand from my vest, I throw the cool metal at the Winter Soldier. Not even looking, he grabs it away for his legs. I'm not about to kill him but he doesn't share the same ideas as he sends it back to my head. I dodged it with a simple slide to the left. If I shoot him, he will disarm me and use it against me. If I throw a knife at him, he'll throw it right back. If I punch him, he'll punch harder with a metal arm.

How can I defeat him without killing him or myself? A small black cartridge laid on the black tarmac glistening from the sun reflecting off of its plastic protector. It's like the one Sam used on the last ship! A pipe full of fuel sits next to me attached to the ship. As the Winter Soldier goes in for a punch, I pull the hose out. Quick to turn it on, I release the valve emptying the pipe. The fuel bursts from it at a rapid pace, blinding him as the fuel drenches his eyes. Taking the distraction, I grab the chip and make a break for it.

Insta: bella_billnye_
Tiktok: bella_billnye

Thank you for reading!