Part 13: We Gather Here Today...

(Song: There will be never be another like you)

Almost immediately after getting Bucky to somewhat get comfortable with me, they take him away. He came back dripping in sweat "My god. What did they do to you?" He says nothing but opens my cell. Using his metal arm he goes to roughly grab my arm when I slap his hand away from me "I can walk on my own." The front of my hand slightly stings from hitting his metal arm as I walk with him down the hall to a waiting team of the former SHIELD strike team. Rumlow smirks at me before Alexander Pierce comes into sight. I want to kill so many people in this room. Bucky grabs my shoulder, clearly reading my mind as the thought of strangling Pierce was on a rerun in my mind. "Ah! Good morning May. Come!" He used my nickname. Like we're best friends. Almost as if he didn't try to kill me earlier and has my fiancé restraining me right now.

Bucky pushed me forward as we walked behind Pierce just out of reach. The strike team follows. After going down several hallways of the SHIELD headquarters, we find ourselves in a room with a glass table set with food and candles. A date? "What's the meaning of this?" I ask looking disgusted at the food. Bucky pushes his arm hard into my back. My feet are forced to one side of the table and into a chair. I can already tell that most of my wounds have healed now since slamming into the chair roughly didn't cause me any pain. Pierce sits on the other side "Lunch. You're going to need your strength to fight your brother." I touch nothing. I'd rather starve. A sigh leaves Pierce before putting down his knife after he started cutting into a prime rib steak "Look, I get it. Your fiancé is still alive and I'm asking you to fight your brother."

My fist clenched up as he spoke. If I can just get my hands on him. "How about we make a deal?" My eyes stare coldly at him. He must assume my eyes read "Yes Pierce! Tell me more of how you're going to torture me more!" "Here's the deal." He stated, watching me carefully "You kill your brother and I'll give you the winter soldier." "His name is James and he's not some piece of property that you can just trade." My voice comes out like venom. Pierce looks to Bucky "Point a gun at her." The barrel of his gun pressed into the back of my head. I stiffen. Pierce smirks "Point it at yourself." I push the chair under me away to reach for Bucky's gun when every gun in the room lands on me. Not stopping, I put my hand in front of the barrel of the gun. "Bucky. Stop." "He won't listen to you. You're his enemy. So how about that deal?" Like hell, he's about to willingly let go of one of his most prized operatives.

Though I might have to play along. I'm outgunned and in way over my head. They might not have been willing to kill me before but they are now. With SHIELD being compromised, I have to assume every person here is my enemy. I sit back down and start eating. Pierce smiles as everyone relaxes their gun "Excellent. You can go with your fiancé to ensure that SHIELD is in my control." He looks to Bucky "She's on your side now, but if she turns, shoot her." He gives a single nod before speaking to me in Russian. I translate it in my head "Come." Well, at least he's not trying to kill me. A sigh leaves me. We walk out of the room, turning down different corners before stopping. He stops with me as I ask

"May I?"

Looking at his metal arm. I want to see what they did to him. He looks puzzled at me. Can he not respond? "May I look at your arm?" I ask again. This time, slowly putting my hand out to his arm. He doesn't move but stares at me. I gently graze my fingers over his arm. Its cool metallic glaze runs smoothly over my fingertips as I rub the ridges between the metal joints. I trace my fingers down to his hand until I intertwine mine with his. Moving close to him, I whisper in his ear "No matter what happens. I still love you." I continue walking with his hand in mine while Bucky looks puzzled at our joined hands.

Insta: bella_billnye_
Tiktok: bella_billnye

Thank you for reading!😉👌