Part 11: THERE'S A LEAK IN THE BOAT

(Song: When My Dream Boat Comes Home)

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks." Sitwell starts. I glance over to him "Yeah no sh!t. How else did you parasites live so long?" "You should hide me." Sitwell starts again "Put a cork in it." Sam says as he drives down the highway. Sitwell doesn't "If you just..." "Can I please kill him? It's not like we need him anymore. And it would give me more room back here." Steve glanced back at me "Sure after we use him to bypass the DNA scans. Hydra is just going to kill him anyway." I was thrown off by his response. Turning to Sitwell, I grin mischievously as Nat talks to the car "Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here." Steve nods as Sitwell turns to me "Are you all crazy?! This is..." His sentence gets cut off by something heavy landing on the roof of the car.

A hand smashes through the window before grabbing him and sending him into the other side of traffic, killing him. "Oh come on! I wanted to do that!" Pulling my pistol from the holster on my vest, I start shooting at the assailant as they shoot at the area, where we all were just sitting until Nat is quick to move us out of the way as they shoot through the roof of the car. Nat jumps quickly into Steve's lap as he pulls the emergency brake. The assailant is thrown from the car and onto the highway stopping his roll with his metal arm. I unbuckle quickly while I reload "Who the hell is that?!" I scream as Nat and I go to shoot him. A car from behind us crashes into the rear end of us, causing me to fly through the front window of the car. Rolling quickly out of the way, the cars go by me as the car from behind pushes them. Glancing at the assailant, I figure he's someone Nat could take care of.

Grabbing my gun from the ground, my aim turns to the Hummer that is pushing Steve. My finger squeezed the trigger, opening fire. The bullets ding on the window. Bulletproof. Dammit! I hear footsteps next to me causing my heels to turn, looking for where the assailant is only to get punched in the face by a metal arm. The force sends me over the side of the highway to the open streets below. A car driving under the bridge catches my fall, causing the top to implode as the glass shatters everywhere. The driver runs out frantically out of sight. A groan leaves me as I push myself up. Removing a few shards of glass from my leg, I sigh as my arms push myself off the car only to see a glimpse of an explosion on the highway above.

A small figure is thrown from the explosion and down into a bus. Taking off running, I go to the bus only for it to be hit by a truck as gunshots start opening fire on the highways. The only person to survive an explosion would be Steve. It better not be Nat or Sam. I can help Steve better than anyone on the highway. An explosion causes a car to flip into the ground below followed by Nat on a wire, running towards me. "Nat?" Thank God she wasn't the one in the bus. She places her index finger to her lips as she points to a shadow on the ground. The assailant. I nod, drawing my gun as we both run right on the edge of the bridge. Looking up, the assailant waits for Nat to run out to shoot her. We open fire on him together. One of our bullets hits him. Honestly, I couldn't tell you which one of us did it.

Nat signals to me that she's running towards the truck while pointing for me to stay. Giving a nod, I hide under the highway as I understand her silent thoughts. As she predicted, the assailant starts opening fire. Only for Nat to open fire back before running away, drawing him down to me. He lands on another car below casing the windows to shatter. "Great, another super soldier." I think to myself. He started walking off the car when I shot him accurately in the back. He turns around returning fire, unfazed by the bullet directly hitting him. I roll out of the way before my gun clicks "Great, I'm out of bullets too." I throw my gun on the ground before retrieving several knives from my vest. I throw one at him only for him to catch it and throw it back at me. Slipping to the side, I dodge it as he pulls out one of his knives before spinning it in his hand. Show off. His sight locks onto me while men from the highway drop down and start opening fire on the bus. I didn't see Steve come out.

I look to the metal arm man. He's advancing on me quickly. Steve burst through the windows of the bus. Without much thought, I throw one of my knives in the head of the men. It sinks deep into his skull. His finger was on the trigger as his body thudded to the ground. A spray of bullets flies into the air. The metal arm man realizes what I'm doing before rushing at me. I throw another knife at one last guy, killing him too before defending myself with my last knife. Our knives defend each other while trying to take any opportunity to slip at any vulnerable parts of each other's bodies. We are evenly matched but he has a stronger intent to kill me. Pinning me to the ground, I hold my knife locked against his. My breaths become more and more ragged as he inches his knife closer to my heart. Thinking quickly I shove my knee up. A dirty move but better than a knife to the heart. He loses concentration for half a second allowing me to push him away. Full of adrenaline, my knife drives through the tough tissue and thick layer of protective pads of his shoulder. He bakes away from me when I notice bullets flying near me as Steve deflects them from a massive turret.

From the corner of my eye, I see the metal arm man come after me with my knife, coated in his blood. This guy just doesn't quit! Quick to defend myself, I grab his arm with the knife before he drops it into his other hand getting a clear shot at my stomach. The knife lands in my side, ripping my soft flesh as my breath hitches. Mustering my strength, I head-butt him causing him to stagger back and breaking his mask. My adrenaline runs high as the blood around the knife starts soaking my tactical suit. Grabbing my side, my blood drips onto my hand as I look to my enemy when my anger turns to shock

"Bucky?"

With the mask gone, I see his true face. It's his face. His soft brown hair. His soft pink lips. His square jawline. My Bucky. But his eyes are full of rage. My Bucky loved me. My Bucky would never hurt me. Never raise a knife to me much less a hand. This isn't my Bucky. What did they do to my Bucky? Is it the knife in my side, the stress of this day, or the fact my dead fiancé was standing before me when I started crying "Bucky? What did they do to you?" He starts moving in on me with his knife "Bucky?" With every step he took, I took one back until another sensation went through my back. I drop to the ground on my side as my breaths become even heavier. Wheezing, I start trying to get up again when Bucky forces me down. A cry of pain leaves me. I'm so helpless. So weak. I'm so tired. My side hurts. My chest hurts. I can't.

"Yes, I can. Come on. Fight back." My brain thinks.

With what little strength I have left, I pull the knife from my side and go to drive it into him. He stops my hand with his own without much effort. There goes my last attempt. He's going to kill me now. At least when I die, it will be by the face of Bucky. My eye starts tearing up more as I smile at him as the darkness over my eyes takes over.

Insta: bella_billnye_
Tiktok: bella_billnye

Thank you for reading!