Part 4: I'm Calling Bull

"Are you trying to get on my nerve Fury? Because it's working." I ask as I storm his office. "Nice to see you too Agent Rogers." "Don't start that way. Why wasn't I given the information that Agent Romanoff had another mission on MY mission." My voice rising as I speak. Fury clasps his hands as he talks calmly "It wasn't for you know about." My lips begin to pucker as my fist starts clenching together. "You endanger the mission and possibly the lives of everyone aboard. I have the same clearance as you, does that mean nothing to you?" He nods slowly "No one died?"

A frustrated sigh leaves me as I plop myself down in one of his chairs " No." "Then I don't see the problem." "The problem is that I can't work if I don't have all the information or if my agents are running off mid-mission to run your errands." Fury nodded, taking in my words before speaking "I know we haven't seen eye to eye on a lot of things..." A snicker leaves me. Isn't that the truth? "...But I do everything for a reason. I can't give you all the information." Steve storms into the room at that second. Fury's hands fly up "What the hell does this look like? Barge on Fury hour?" Steve looks to me first "You lied." Then to Fury "The both of you did. I'm getting sick of being your janitor." Fury looks at me with a smirk "Who's lying now?"

I bit the inside of my mouth as Steve stands next to us "I lied because I wasn't sure what Nat was getting. Don't worry though, Fury lied to me too." I said to Steve as we both looked at Fury. "We can't...!" "Run a mission without all the information? Yeah, your sister here beat you to the punch." Steve crossed his arms "So no one has all the information well except for you of course." I lean against my chair with crossed arms at Fury in agreement. Fury looks between the two of us before getting up "You're both wrong about me. Come on, I have something to share but you Mary might already know something about this." He takes us down to the inside bay by elevator "The helicarriers?" I was surprised. Fury nods "It's about time you both see how they're coming along."

As we came into view of the three massive helicarriers, Steve was thrown off by the massive secret project that was happening right under his feet. Steve eyes me as we got off the elevator. He's probably mad at me. Seems to be going around. Fury took us on a tour of the place, taking away about the cutting-edge technology on these helicarriers and how Tony was kind enough to lend his mind over to Fury. "These guns can eliminate a thousand enemies per minute." I glared at the guns. Both Fury and Steve see my expression "Mary was the only one on the council who didn't agree with this project." "Yeah, you can eliminate a thousand enemies per minute. The only reason this technology should be used is for another alien attack." "It's because of the alien attacks we had to make this technology."

Fury stated. Steve looked to Fury "so you can eliminate whoever you want on the planet? That's comforting." Fury leaned against one of the rails casually, annoyed that this little pan of his was not going well "The both of you have had to do some nasty stuff. I've read the files." I shake my head "I'm not going to stand here and say that I didn't do some dark stuff but I did it for something bigger than me. I did it for this agency, for this nation, for this world." "We did it so other people can have freedom. This isn't freedom, this is fear." Steve ended. Fury shook his head now at us "You two need to get with the program. Times are changing." "I'm aware of that Fury. I've been on this Earth for over 90 years and I'm probably going to still be around after you are all gone. I fought for an agency that strives for freedom."

A sigh leaves me as I rub my temple "I'm done with this conversation because none of us are going to agree on this ever." With that, I walked out with Steve not too far behind me.

Insta: bella_billnye_
Tiktok: bella_billnye

Thank you for reading!💖