Part 17: Bucky is dead. Happy New year!

It didn't take long for Bucky to track me down. As I type on the mainframe computer rapidly, I fail multiple times to get the computer to come down. My nerves were the cause. The computer couldn't keep up with my frantic typing. After taking a breath, I finally get the computer to come down just as I hear boots clank on the metal flooring of the ship causing my reflexes to throw a knife at the noise. As I turn to see where the knife landed, the Winter Soldier catches my knife again. Could he stop doing that? He's kind of ruining my only talent. "Stand aside." The soldier stares coldly at me with Bucky's eyes. "No." "Step. Aside." He says again this time breaking down his sentence while gritting his teeth. "Bucky..." "I'M NOT BUCKY!" "YES, YOU ARE! You were born on March 10, 1917. You proposed to me right before you left on a ship to go to Europe for World War 2!"

I lift my left hand to show the small engagement ring. It must be made of vibranium to have lasted this long. My knife is thrown back at me as the Winter Soldier attacks me out of pure rage. He tackles me to the ground before going for a punch to the head when Steve's shield hits him over the head, sending him to the glass dome below with a thud. The knife nicked my hand, causing a small flow of blood to start dripping down my arm. Steve's hand comes into sight to pull me up "You good?"

He asks as I take his hand to pull myself up "What took you so long?" "You're welcome," Steve mutters while shaking his head.

Walking to the computer, he takes out one of the helicarriers chips before holding out his hand to me for the chip. My hand reaches out as two loud bangs ring loudly in the dome. One bullet goes through my hand, causing the chip to fall to the ground below as the other lands square in my chest. My breath hitches as I crumple to the ground. Steve's at my side immediately, using his shield to protect us from the next shots ring out. A groan leaves me as I speak "Get...the chip. I'll be ok." I should be. My vest not only serves as a holder for my knives but also as a bulletproof jacket. It stops the bullets but not their speed.

Steve nods before jumping below while holding his shield in front of him as the Winter Soldier fires away. Taking a loose piece of my shirt, I use it as a wrap to cover my hand that's covered in the crimson color of my blood. A single look at it sends shooting pain through my hand. My teeth grind together as I wrap the little piece of cloth tightly, mostly covering the wound. It should heal the hole within the next few hours. Looking down to see what's going on, Steve has Bucky pinned before yelling to me "The chip!" The Winter Soldier's hand grips tightly at the chip. Throwing myself down to their level, my left knee crashes into the floor as I land. My hands reach around the Winter Soldier's hand as Steve keeps yelling at him to drop it.

Both my hands yank at the closed hand around the chip. A chilling idea crosses my mind. If I break his hand, he'll be forced to drop it. "We're out of time!" Steve yells as I grit my teeth. Cursing under my breath, I crush his hand. A loud snap adds to the struggles of the room. His hand opens allowing the chip to fall out. Not looking at the damage, I take the chip. My hands frantically scale the ship as the buildings below the glass dome become miniature replicas of the real buildings. Out of breath, I place the chip in as a gunshot sounds off. I'm at the rail as Steve staggers back as the Winter Soldier holds a pistol. A blood-curdling scream lets out of me as the gun's aim turns to my head. Steve tackles him as the booming artillery gunshots start firing outside.

Insta: bella_billnye_
Tiktok: bella_billnye

Thank you for reading!😍❤️❤️