Part 7: UHH THIS ISN'T WHAT I ORDERED

(song above to listen with the book)

The ride back was awkward, to say the least. With all of D.C traffic, the drive would take us an hour to get back to my house. A soldier I've worked with on half a dozen missions talks first "I'm sorry for your loss." I give a weak smile "Thank you." We take a random turn "Oh you missed the turn, John." John the driver glances in the mirror "Sorry ma'am. New route off your usual course for your protection since..." He trailed off. I sat back in my seat as the uncomfortable silence took over again. He didn't need to finish for me to understand. Everyone shifted uncomfortably in the car. I looked to the front passenger seat with an agent whose finger tapped the top of his gun in its holster. John taps his thumb on the wheel as he drives. The soldier next to me kept shifting in his seat while the other soldier's breathing became heavier by the minute

"Where are we actually going, John?"

Hell broke loose in a half a second. Two tasers landed on both of my sides. An involuntary scream leaves me as my body immediately starts protecting itself. I grab the head of the person to my left and bash it against the window. Causing the agent to die from the broken glass that sliced through his throat. The front agent aims for my head with his pistol. Thinking quickly, I grab the soldier to my right and use his body to take the bullets. Tossing him aside I grab the gun from the agent's hands and turn it on him. His hands go up in surrender. The wind howls through the broken glass as the car hurdles down the street "Who sent you?!" I scream. A small grin forms on his face "Hydra."

What? Is this a joke?

"Cut the crap. Who sent you?!" I yell again. The agent yells over the wind as the other agent abruptly turns towards a brick building "Hail hydra." I shoot the side window before driving out the window as the car crashes into the building. It crashes hard into the building with the front being crushed like a soda can. One of the agent's arms lays limp outside of the wreckage. A trail of blood flows down his arm, soaking his white business shirt into a crimson red. People nearby start running over while others start calling 911. It takes me a minute to catch my breath as I stare at the arm. What's going on? I have to get out of here. My training tells me as it kicks in. Pushing myself up, I take off to my house. We were nearby when whatever the hell this happened. Who's trying to kill me? It can't seriously be Hydra.

I made sure that they would never see them ever again. Running through the front door of my house, I grabbed my bug-out bag from my closet. It carries the essentials for a situation like this. Cash, clothes, water, flashlight, weapons, ammo, and food. My motorcycle is still at the hospital but if I take my car, whoever is tracking me will be able to easily access the security cameras and track my plates. That and if they have access to the SHIELD database, my plates would be even easier to track. Getting out quickly, I cover my face with a cap, glasses, and a hoodie. Stealing a car, I make my way out of the city as safely as possible. I need to disappear to figure out who I'm against. Using a burner, I call Nat. It goes immediately to voicemail. Same for Steve. I'm almost out of the city when a SHIELD car pulls up next to me. A sigh of relief leaves me.

I roll down my window as they do too "What's going on...?" Before I can finish that sentence they open fire on me. My instincts kick in, causing me to duck. Pulling one of my knives out, I send two into the driver and the passenger. Rolling up my window, I hit the gas to the floor causing me to nearly run into cars who were in the intersection. The realization dawned on me as I raced down the streets. It's not just anyone who's hunting me, it's SHIELD. Am I being framed for something? Well with Nick dead, this could be a power move to take over SHIELD. But if I'm being hunted then maybe so are Nat and Steve. Frantic now, I pull over to bring out my military-grade laptop from my bag and open it to the SHIELD satellite system.

Insta: bella_billnye_
Tiktok: bella_billnye

Thank you for reading! ✌️