Part 20: Pow. Powpow. Pow

It took me a week to heal fully when Nat finally took me to the secret location she had been mentioning to me all week in passing. Apparently, she told the Congressmen to go eat it on Capitol hill. In return, I no longer am going to jail. Yay.  I feel Nat missed out on a few key points of her retelling the story, but I'm just glad I don't have to rot in jail for the rest of my life. We walked through a quiet cemetery where Steve and Sam stood around a fresh grave. On top lay pristine white lilies over the fresh upheaval earth. They turn to me talking with Nat in street clothes when a familiar figure walks up. I read the tombstone "Col. Nicholas J. Fury." Oh...I guess his family buried him during all of this mess

"I'm not dead yet May."

Nick calls out using my nickname. He walks up to his own grave as I stare at him grinning "It's nice to see you too." He smirks at me with his hand held out for a handshake. My arms pull him into a hug I wasn't about to be so formal "Don't die on me again alright kid?" My arms drop to my side as Fury smirks "Nice to see you care." Fury laughs as I roll my eyes. He looks to the others, quickly getting down to business "A lot of those Hydra goons didn't go down with those ships. I'm off to Europe." He went around, offering to take anyone with him. Everyone declined the offer. There's a bit of hesitation when he looks at me but I feel the file that Nat had given me earlier weigh heavy in my hand "I have a few leads of my own to track."

He nods, understanding. We've all been through hell and back. Without anything more to say, he leaves as Steve takes the file from my hand to read. Nat fills him in "I had to call in a favor for that. Are you guys sure you want to do this?" I nod as I look at my hand. My ring finger looks naked without my engagement ring. A tan from where it had sat was all that was left. A reminder of my loss. I asked the nurses and the rescue people if I had it on between the hospital and the building but the answer was all the same, no I hadn't. Looking back at Nat, I gave her a small smile "I'm sure. Going back to the Avengers?" She smiled at the thought "Not for a little. I blew all my covers, I gotta go figure out a new one." Pulling her into a hug, a sigh leaves me "Don't be gone for too long. I still need someone to clean up after me." She laughed "Isn't that what your brother is for?" She looked to Steve "I called in that favor, now you owe me one. Go call that nurse." The name Sharon came up.

Peggy's niece? Steve seems to be having a track record with this family.

Nat leaves with a kiss on Steve's cheek. My eyebrows raise in surprise as I smirk at her while she passes me. Sam takes the file into his own hands, reading it over "So when do we start?" A raised eyebrow turns in his direction "You don't have to go with us." He nods as he hands the file back to Steve "I know, but it's either this or my couch. So when do we start?" Shaking my head, I look between the two of them. "How about now?"

(Should I continue with Age of Ultron as the next book?)

Insta: bella_billnye_
Tiktok: bella_billnye

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! This is the end of the first book! (possibly the only one 😂)