Victoria

Alice pov

We were devastated. When Edward caught up with us in Alaska he told us about how Victoria ambushed them with two new borns and killed Bella before he could save her. I couldn't believe I didn't see it coming. I could have saved her. Esme has been locked away in her room since she found out. Carlisle has been in his study drowning himself in books as a distraction. Em has been playing games and when that ran out he took apart the game system cleaned it and put it back together. Then went outside and stared to carve things out of stone. A woman with flowing curls and awkward grace. It was truly beautiful. Rose..poor girl. When she found out she lost it. She broke down and screamed to the heavens about how she wanted to make up for everything. I think thats been the worst of us all. She hasn't hunted since she found out. She went back to her house once and got a shirt and Bella's favorite book. I see her wear the shirt every night. Me..well I've been hunting to get my mind off of it. Jasper had to leave because of all the emotions going around. He promised to return, he's taking the time to search for his true mate. We both came to the decision it was only friendly love that kept us together. We've never been happier. Edward, he hasn't been mourning at all. Jasper told me her felt relief and regret and slight anger. Which led me to believe that something wasn't adding up. So I contacted Victoria. I knew a nomad who knew everyone basically. And she has agreed to meet me here. I looked ahead into the future. She should be here in thirty seconds. I looked towards the west, 67 miles from here is my family. Far enough where they wouldn't know anything about it. "You contacted me little Cullen?" I heard from behind me. "Yes. I wanted to talk" I replied coolly. "About?" She implored. "Did you attack Bella Swan and Edward a week ago?" I asked not beating around the bush. "No little Cullen. I was with my mate." She chuckled. I cocked my head to the side. "Your mate? I thought James was your mate." She scowled and shook her head. "Ew no. He's a disgusting man. I only stayed with me because he threatened my mate Maria" I looked at her, seeing honesty in her eyes and slight disgust. "But Edward said.." I started "that I sworn to get revenge?" She guessed looking at her flawless nails. I noticed that she had cleaned up really well. She even wore designer boots. I nodded mutely. She scoffed. "No" a somber and thoughtful look came across her features. "I couldn't hurt her..she gave me this feeling of..fondness. And a need to not harm her. So after the incident with James I kept tabs on her. Which is why he thought I was trying to kill her. I often caught them fighting. Once he pushed her across the room-" "he WHAT!" I snarled out. He golden red eyes darkened slightly. "Yes..and.." She hesitated. I could see her eyes become glassy with tears she couldn't shed. I stepped closer to her "what Victoria? What's happened?" She looked down "Edward..when he was saying goodbye in a clearing she asked about you. And called you "my Alice" he got so angered that..he shoved her. So hard that she crashed through a tree and into a boulder...rock shards impaled her. In her kidneys. She was dying. He called her a plaything and was about to kill her. Before I could jump in I smelt some sort of shifter and I had to leave...her blood was getting to me. A-Alice I'm so s-sorry" she sobbed out sinking to her knees. I wish I could cry but all I could do was let out dry sobs like her. I sat down next to her and embraced her. "I know..we have to tell the others." I murmured. She looked up at me in bewilderment. "How don't you hate me?" "Because" I started "you would have killed her if you didn't leave. You're obviously in pain from this ordeal. We need to stick together and get rid of Edward. He's not who we thought he was." She nodded a determined look in her eyes. She stood up and held her hand out to me. "Together"