Debutante Ball pt.1

This was finally happening. My birthday ball. My maids were scurrying everywhere, carrying around items in a hurry. Today was the day I meet two of the infamous male leads. And hopefully I don't entangle myself into any trouble.
Aishhh. I was so stressed out! I don't want to meet anyone, let alone the boys! Even though it was just going to be 2 of the main characters, they still played a huge role to ruin Ariana's life...
Liza was brushing my hair in a quick yet soft manner. I wish everyone wasn't in a hurry because now I'm feeling even more pressured. I really need to make a good name out of myself in this ball. *sigh*
After about 2 hours of scampering about, I was finally dolled up and done. I was wearing a lavender gown that reached down to my ankles. It was a mulberry silk gown, sapphires decorating the bodice. The gown spread widely in a graceful manner and I had to hold it up to walk. I wasn't happy to be wearing something so lavish and extra just to celebrate a day that brings me closer to my death. I just felt more realistic than most of my maids who were congratulating me and squealing at my sight. Ariana was surely beautiful, probably one of the most beautiful women in the capitol. But right now, I need to think on improving her 'well known' attitude and personality so I can come in a different light.
"My lady! You are so gorgeous tonight, you will surely be the star of tonight's ball!" Exclaimed Liza. How are my maids more excited than me at my birthday? I stop chewing on my pedicured nails and calm myself down. Right. Today is still my birthday. I should try to enjoy the most I can, aside on worrying about how I seem to others. I will be meeting my brother for the first time in six years as well. So let's try to stitch up our relationship tonight.
I give my maids a light smile and a nod in approval of their hard work, "thank you ladies. I won't be like this tonight if it wasn't for you."
And I stride towards the ballroom, the guards opening the doors at my sight. I take a deep breath. It's time to make my first entrance.

The announcer's voice boomed, "Her Ladyship, Ariana Marilinne, enters the ballroom!"

{end of chapter 7}

Hi lovelies! Thanks for reading yet another chapter. I'd be glad if you -comment- and -vote ⭐️- it would motivate me so much more!
🤗 again, thanks for reading!