Flora's Birthday Party

"My lady, you must dress more lavishly." My maid, Liza scolds me as she glared at my beige dress.

"It's fashionable Liza. Ever heard of light academia?" I remark.
She sighs, "Sometimes I fear you are from another world."
With a shake of her head and click of her tongue, she excuses herself.

I breathe steadily from my nose. Ever since I had that dream, my body and muscles have been nothing but weak.
Who was that 'Eve'? And what did she mean when she said 'Lilith is dead'?
Was I just being paranoid in missing my friend and world so much?

That must be it. I've been so fixated in avoiding death flags and inescapable main characters, that I must be dearly missing my world.

Just as I prop a mini brooch near my neck, Liza's head pops up near my door.
"My lady! Th-The Crown Prince is here. Are you ready yet?!"

I sigh. "Yes, yes I am almost ready. Just let me adjust this stupid brooch." I concentrate on the mirror with a vexing expression.

"You look funny when you concentrate." A silky voice laced with a taunting tone.

I meet Lucas' eyes when I finally avert my focus from the brooch.
My head whips back to see his chest standing too close to me. My heart beats. In fear.

"You were supposed to be in the waiting room." I breathe. My eyes travel to a trembling Liza who mouths, I couldn't stop him.

He smiles, adjusting the slanted brooch on my collar. "I grew bored. For someone who's dressed so... plainly, you sure do take your time."

I scoff, "I am only dressing modestly because I will stand out otherwise. Flora is the main attraction, remember?"
I'm pretty sure even if I did dress lavishly, Flora will still stand out with her pure and sincere charms.

He shakes his head, "I'm unsure you'd look good even if you dressed well."

He's done fiddling with the brooch, which stays well propped on my collar.

"My, dear fiancé. You're so well with your hands. Do you do this to other ladies as well?" I tilt my head in mock surprise, a bold and teasing smile appearing on my face and giving me away.

He laughs. Motherf*cker actually laughs.
"Perhaps I just know how to adjust a brooch. Unlike somebody."

He strides away from me, to the doorway with a drawl, "I will leave without you, if you're not done dawdling, lady Silver."

I scoff again. The audacity I have to punch the Crown Prince.