Fairy-god-matchmaker

"Let us visit Lady Flora and see what she is like. Perhaps I will fall for the lady."
He is still here. In my home. Discussing a plan I would rather die than be a part of.
Ofcourse, sure, he will fall for Flora.
But what am I? His fairy-god-matchmaker? I don't need to be a part of his plan to know he will love Flora. Why is he making me participate and waste my time?
"Your most intelligent highness. Perhaps you should go to the lady's ball and see of how it is. I don't think it is much rather a good idea for me to join. After all, there wouldn't be much to do for me there."
Except watch you two get nasty with each other.
I smile, fake and coated in bitter disapproval.
Lucas smiles even bigger, "I will need an escort. Do join me, dear fiancée."
I am assuming that is an indirect way of saying "come with me or die."
Alright. Fine.
"If you insist oh so greatly." I say, my smile does not falter and remains as bittersweet as possible.
He hands me the invitation, "then next week. I shall expect to see you in a very lavish dress. Perhaps silver, to match with your beautiful hair." His fingers trail to the tips of my hair, a touch faint and light.
Were we not secret enemies, the maids might mistake us for amorous lovers. I hold in a sigh and nod.
And finally, when he disappears into the hallways, I sink into my seat. This was exhausting. The male lead of this game is very hard to deal with. He is impudent, passive aggressive and, tragic to admit, but very intimidating.