Ecstacy and Resentment

{no one's POV}
The debutante ball was almost over. The guests had partied all night and were in an ecstatic rage to how beautiful this night was planned.
The Aristocats had taken Ariana Marilinne as a joke, but after tonight, they realized what a powerful position she held.

They were most surprised at how untrue the rumors were. Lady Marilinne was a kind, graceful, and ever so beautiful lady who had independently greeted all of her guests herself in a calm manner.

But to the Ariana Marilinne herself, she was most excited about the birthday gift she had received this year. This year's birthday gift was unlike any other. It wasn't pearls, diamonds, jewelry, or lavish, extravagant silk dresses, no. It was from her fiancé himself, how... umm... romantic.

He had offered her such a pleasant deal and had lifted the heaviness and anxiety off her shoulders, which she had carried and beared when she had realized she was in a romance otome game where all of the routes she took lead to death. Since she played the 'villainess.'...

{Ariana's POV}

The party was nearing to an end and guests were leaving. They all seem satisfied with tonight and flashed smiles at me when I bid them farewell.
'Nice! Not only do I save myself from death, I also managed to prepare a well enough party to please and earn the Aristocats' respect.'
I thought to myself.

When almost everyone had left, I felt a presense behind me. I turned to wish the person behind me a good night,
"Thank you for coming and good ni-"

It was Vulcan.

My smile quickly turned upside down.

Vulcan was grinning at me, "Ariana. Happy birthday. I enjoyed tonight. I'm glad I could make it."

I fake smiled at that and replied, "yes, Vulcan. Thank you. I'm glad you could make it. Though it would have been totally understandable if you couldn't have." Sarcasm seeped through my words, and I could see that Vulcan could tell.

...I don't respect Vulcan. Because he was her brother. He should've stayed by her side until the end. He should tried to help her. But no. He chooses to avenge the woman who already rejected his love and broke his heart.

My brows were furrowed as I saw Vulcan's uneasy face.

I curtsied shortly and said in a vague manner, "and good night brother. I hope your stay will be comfortable."

As I turned around to leave I made sure to add,

"...Though I completely understand if you're not used to being at the Marilinne manor and if your stay is uncomfortable."

{end of chapter 11}

Hey guys, thanks for reading :)
Please -comment- and -vote ⭐️-
Have a nice day/night!