The Overdramatic Prince and Lady Misfortune

As I followed the knight, many thoughts and questions were in my mind.

You see, I had hoped to see this tyrannical bastard king wannabe as little as possible. But now... he had personally visited me?

According to the game, Lucas had never in their engagement visited Ariana by choice. Especially not abruptly, or in such timing like this. Ariana would be informed of his forced arrival beforehand and get eager and dolled up.

However, excited was not in my vocabulary. I wish they would all just let me lay low... being the villainess is immensely tiring.

My hand pushed the smooth wooden door of the guest room and a sigh escaped my lips as I walked in.

See... I should've looked where I was going. And walked slowly, instead of being in a rush..

My head met with the very lips of his highness himself.

Oh. My. God.

I looked up to see Lucas, staring down at me, his lower lip bleeding as he glared at me in resentment and surprise.

Panic arose as my eyes widened to see what I had just done.

Those etiquette classes. Maybe I should have paid more mind to them.

"Your highness! I apologize, I am so terribly sorry!"

I reminded myself right there and then: Ariana you idiot. Harming royalty can lead to a worse punishment than death itself!

The maids in the room, shocked at the incident, were whispering among themselves.

"Please bring a wet towel and medical supplies for his highness!" I spoke to them hurriedly.

They did as ordered, scurrying out of the room, leaving just him and I.

Maybe I should've given that order to just an individual...

He didn't say a word, neither did he look at me. I realized how he didn't even overreact to me literally leaving a cut on his lip.

"Umm... I really had no idea my head was that hard," I broke the silence and awkwardly laughed. Maybe I should've bowed down and begged for forgiveness instead...

He scoffed hearing my indirect apology, "first you speak ill of my name. And now you leave a repulsive injury on my lips. Never have I ever even gotten a cut from all the brutal battles I've attended and yet here I am, blood pouring from my very own being for the first time ever."

Cross out being overdramatic. This bitch is a whole movie theater.

"Yes. I am sorry. This was by accident, I swear. I shall repent in whatever way you wish." I bit my tongue hoping I won't regret what I just said.

His fingers held up his chin, "hmm... repent, repent, repent. You always talk about stuff like that. Maybe I will make you repent one day."

He eyed me swiftly as I swallow in fear.

Lucas leered at me as he walks closer to me.

I backed away slowly, putting some distance between us.

"May we discuss what brings me here?" He asked, the smirk on his lips, still evident.