THIRTY ONE

Daisy had just finished getting ready when she heard the doorbell ring, she looked over at her clock and saw that it was only 7, Charlie did say he was going to come around 7:30 but guess he's early then.

Daisy had a bright smile when she went over to the door. Once she opened the door she had a confused look on her face.

"Happy Birthday" her father said holding a bucket of Daisy's in his hands.

"You remember?" She said with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course" he said then looked down a bit "never forgot and since this is your first birthday with me... I though I would get you something" he said handing her the bucket.

"You got me daisies?" She said looking at them

He chuckled "I don't know if you know this, but when you were born your mother and I didn't know what to name you... then we had to name you before getting out of the hospital that, you mother said the next thing that she sees will become your name and at the moment a guy walked in with a bunch of daisies and there you have it"

She smiled and shook her head "no I didn't actually, I just thought mom liked Daisies so much"

"Anyway... just wanted to drop these and" he said pulling an envelope from his jacket pocket "this" he said handing it over to her.

"What's this?"

"Just a card.."

Daisy nodded "oh okay" she smiled "thank you"

"No problem" he said smiling again.

Daisy felt awkward usually when someone gives her something a thing to do would be to hug, but her and her father weren't that close yet and she didn't wanna be awkward about it.

"I am goin-" her father said then was interrupted when he heard footsteps approaching the door.

Daisy looked at the figure who just stood beside her dad "Charlie.." she looked inside the house to look at the clock then back at him

"Surprised to see me?" He said chuckling "I told you I was coming"

She nodded then looked over at her father who was just staring at the two "anyway as I was saying" he continued "I'm going to get going and I'll see you tomorrow?"

Daisy nodded then waved a goodbye to her father.

Charlie watched him leave then looked at Daisy "what was Kyra's father doing here?"

"Uh..." she looked down at the bucket in her hands "came to drop of something"

"The flowers?" He said pointing towards them.

"Yeah" she nodded

"Why would he do that"

"Wants me to send it somewhere" she lied

"You're not his assistant though, and he can't make you do anything"

"It's okay really.... I don't mind and said I will do it"

Charlie nodded "okay" he then clapped his hands together "alright is the birthday girl ready?" He said

Daisy smiled "yes, just let me put these down and grab my bag and I'll be out in a second" she said then walked over to the living room putting the daisies on the table then grabbing her purse from the couch going back over to the door closing it behind her and locking it "okay now I'm ready"

"perfect" he said then walked over to his car opening the passenger door for her.

Daisy blushed as she watched him "thank you" she said getting into the passengers side.