Chapter Eleven - Small-ish chapter

-Natsu's POV-

Gramps' next words shocked me.
The whole world froze for a second.
And my world, the girl sitting beside me, was chosen for something that could possibly put her into danger.

"Eighth participant, Lucy Heartfilia"

I immediately turn my head towards gramps.

Lucy!!?

Like, yes, Lucy deserves to be S-class.
She is strong, both mentally and physically. She is a great team member, great partner, great wizard, and overall a great member of the guild.

But yet again, as my dream comes back to mind, I reach over, lightly grab Lucy's hand, and hold it.

She holds my hand back, which brings a small relaxed smile to my face.

She is my everything, and I wish I could withdrawl from the trials just so I could fight by her side as her partner, so I can protect her if needed, and just help her get to s-class.

But I can't.

Gramps wouldn't let me.

I lay my head on the booth table, and after a few moments, I feel a small hand start to lightly and calmly rub my head. I relax in an instant.

~

I feel myself being shaken slightly.

I open my eyes, and look to see Lucy being the one who lightly shook me.

I must have dozed off, considering the guild was half empty now.

"Come on sleepy head" Lucy says quietly as she gets up, and walks out of the guild.

I lift my head, get up, and follow her out.

It was a quiet walk to her apartment, but as we enter the building she pokes me.

"Tag!" She yells as she books it and runs into her apartment.

I laugh, and start chasing her.

Me slowly getting closer to her, I jump and carefully tackle her onto the floor of her apartment.

But, I clearly didn't think this plan out, because now I'm pinning her to the floor, her with a red blush below me, and me with a small blush on top of her.

I immediately, and sadly, get off of her, get up, and hold my hand out for her to grab.

After a few seconds she grabs my hand, and I pull her up back onto her feet.

"Uh, Sorry about that" I apologize.

"It's okay" she replies, looking away to hide her blush, which didn't work so well since I could still see it.

Lucy lets go of my hand, and walks into the bathroom.

I lay on the couch and wait for her to come out.

A minute or so later, she comes out of the bathroom, blush gone, and wearing comfy clothes.

She lays down on her bed, and after a few moments, her breathing becomes slow and even, letting me know she is asleep.

Me being me, I get up, lay beside her, and wrap my arms around her. She immediately cuddles into me which brings a smile to my face.

I lightly kiss her head, whisper goodnight, and fall asleep as well, holding my world, my angel.

Written: May 17th, 2021
512 Words.