Chapter Three

-Natsu's POV-

Transportation...
The worlds most evil thing...
To me that is...

"Blegh" I vomit out the window. I turn to Lucy who was sitting beside me, and I lay my head on her lap. I feel her run her fingers through my hair sending pleasurable shivers down my spine. I groan and turn to face her stomach, encircling my arms around her waist. She still continues to run her fingers through my hair, but as time goes on, her movement slows and eventually stops, her even breaths telling me she is fast asleep. I sigh and slightly lean my head foward to plant a soft kiss on her revealed stomach. I take a second to focus on the sounds around me, and soon realize I am the only one awake, even Happy and Charle are asleep. I smile against her stomach and plant another kiss, followed by another. I eventually stop and nuzzle into her stomach, her fingers still motionless in my hair.

I stay nuzzled in her stomach, but soon enough I feel her fingers start moving again, which tells me she is awake now. I pretend to be asleep and just listen to her rhythmic heartbeat, and her reassuring breaths.

"Hey, Erza?" I hear Lucy's angelic voice ring in the air.

"Yes Lucy?" The demon named Erza replies.

"I am honestly kind of concerned for Natsu...Last night, in his sleep he was crying, tossing and turning, sweating, and calling my name...He woke up and said he had a nightmare, but he won't tell me what it was about." Lucy tells the red-head, I can picture the frown on her perfect face.

"Maybe, his nightmare was about you?" Erza answers. My heart stops and clips of the dream flash before my eyes. My eyes widen seeing her dead and motionless in my arms. The sound of her scream echoing in my mind. Tears prick at the corners of my eyes and I start breathing heavily.

"Erza! I think he is having a nightmare again!" Lucy whisper yells.

I know I am awake, and that it's not real, but I can't help but panic, completely forgetting my motion sickness. I hold onto Lucy tighter and my tears fall down my face soaking into her stomach.

"I think he is crying, my stomach feels wet..." Lucy whispers to Erza.

"Wake him up." Erza demands, soon enough I feel Lucy shaking me.

"Natsu, please wake up" Lucy's voice pulls me out of my mind and I slowly turn my head to look up at her. She looks down at me and her eyes widen at the tears still in my eyes and on my face. She takes her thumb and I close my eyes as she wipes the salty tears away.

"Natsu" I hear Erza's voice, I shiver at the tone and turn my head to look at her.

"Why were you crying" she asks me, I shake my head no.

"Not telling" I say stubbornly putting my face back into Lucy's stomach.

"Natsu" She warns me.

"No" My reply muffled in Lucy's stomach.

"Fine, have it your way" Erza says, I smile and soon enough fall asleep.

~Lucy's Pov~

I look down to see Natsu sleeping peacefully with a smile on his handsome face. I run my fingers through his soft spiky hair.

"You really love him, don't you?" Erza asks me, I snap my head up.

"W-w-what do y-you me-mean?" I stutter suspiciously.

Stupid stutter

"You know what I mean Lucy" She looks at me and we lock eye contact.

"You got me, I really do...Just, don't tell anyone...okay?" I admit looking at her in the eyes, she nods and smiles.

"Don't worry, I won't tell a soul" She assures me, I smile and nod.

"Thank you" I thank, she nods as a reply and she looks out the window.

I know you kissed my stomach earlier Natsu I felt it, but why?

Written October 16th, 2020.
667 Words.