Chapter Fourteen

~Natsu's POV~

My angel is excited, but also nervous for the trials.
Now I watch her run around her apartment.
Packing her necessities while I sit on the couch as she asks me endless questions.

"Luce, you went last year" I remind her.

"I know I know, but the trials were never finished!" She says as she runs into her closet.

"Well, we went around this time last year" I say.

"Oh yeah, we did! Bathing suit, Bathing suit, Bathing suit, where is my bathing suit!!!?" She yells frantically, as I hear clothing being thrown around in her closet.

"Didn't you get a new one when you went shopping with the girls?" I ask her.

"Oh yeah I did- wait, how did you know that??" She asks me.

"I was holding one of the bags it was in" I tell her.

"Okay then" she says as she runs out of her closet, and to the end of the bed where her shopping bags that she never took care of are.

She takes out this maroon two piece bathing suit, and a matching maroon hair ribbon.

Then she takes out another bathing suit. How many did she buy???

This bathing suit is another two piece, and is pink and white tie dye, and has a matching pink and white tye dye hair ribbon.

She turns to face me, and holds them both up.

"Maroon or tie dye" She asks me.

Is she actually trying to get me to imagine which she would look better in????

"Maroon" I answer.

Yes, I imagined it, but in my defense she was pretty much asking me to.

"Okay thank you" she thanks me with a smile as she walks to her black backpack and puts her swim suit in.

"Welcome" I reply.

Then all of a sudden, Luce looks at me.

"Don't you have to get packed too?" She asks.

"Happy and I have a prepacked travel bag with everything we need" I answer with a smile as I point to the bag in the corner of the room.

She looks where I pointed.

"How did I not notice that??" She asks herself.

I laugh quietly at that and lay back against the back of the couch.

~

Moments after Lucy finishes packing her bag, I hear Happy come flying through the window.

"Natsu! Lucy!" Happy yells excitedly.

"Yes Happy?" Lucy says, turning to the blue exceed.

"Charle agreed to go on a fish date with me after we get back from the trials!!" Happy cheers as he happily flies circles around the room, making Lucy and I smile and laugh quietly.

"That's great!" I cheer, excited for him.

He has been head over heels in love with Charle ever since he saw her. It's actually pretty cute.

Happy then flies out while a giant smile on his face.

After Happy flies out, Lucy comes and sits beside me. Then she yawns quietly as she lightly leans against me, resting her head on my shoulder. Which causes me to wrap my arms around her and hold her.

But not even a few seconds into our relaxation, Lucy's door busts open, causing us to look.

"Lu- am I interrupting something~?" A blue headed interrupter who goes by the name Levy asks.

"No not at all" Lucy says as she slides out of my grip, and sits up, causing me to mentally pout.

"If you say so~ anyways, before we leave for the trials, Mira has organized one big girl's sleepover with everyone who is in the trials this year." Levy informs her.

I see Lucy's eyes lighten up, as I mentally pout more because I have to be away from her.

"When??" Lucy asks excitedly.

"Tonight, so pack a bad and let's goooooo" Levy cheers as she runs out.

"Okay, Okay" Lucy laughs as she gets up and goes to her closet.

Moments later, Lucy is once again running around her apartment packing things.

~

Before Lucy exits her apartment, she runs over to me.

"Bye bye, don't burn down my apartment" she says as she kisses my cheek as if it was a natural thing to do.

A light blush covers my cheeks as she runs out of her apartment, closing the door behind her.

I continue to sit here where I am, blushing.

Written: June 6th, 2021
Words: 723