Chapter Seven

-Natsu's POV-

The warmth of an Angel is warmer then any flames...
And I have the warmest of flames in my arms...

My eyes flutter open and adjust to the light of a new day. I look down to see the one I love with all my heart.

My mind drifts back to my nightmare last night, looking back on it. It was the same place, and Lucy was wearing the same thing as my first nightmare. Plus at the end of last nights, it was the same as the beginning of the one before. I shake my head and I think back to last night.

Did she mean the kiss?

Does she actually like me?

I feel her move and I refocus on her. Our legs entwined together, my arms around her, as her arms are around me. I would love to wake up like this for the rest of my life.

"Goodmorning" I say as her eyes flutter open.

"Morning" she replies nuzzling back into my chest tiredly. I chuckle and run my fingers through her hair.

Moments later, we both fall back asleep.

~3rd POV~

"Let us in" A voice is heard on the other side of the door to room 237.

"Let's just try and open it." Gray says as he turns the door knob and the door squeaks as it opens.

"Wait...you mean to say that it was unlocked all this time?" Erza grumbles angrily. Erza, Gray, Wendy, Happy, and Charle all walk into the dark room.

They see a lump on one of the beds, and the blankets moved on the second. Erza walks over to the bed with the lump followed by the rest of the team.

"Aw" Wendy coos as they see Natsu and Lucy cuddling in their sleep.

"Come child, you shouldn't see this" Charle commands.

"No Charle, it's fine, I'm not a child anymore" Wendy argues, Charle scoffs and crosses her arms looking away.

"Flame-brain can't stay away from her, can he" Gray teases.

"Shut it Gray, they are cute" Erza sends a glare towards the Ice Mage.

"L...cy" Natsu mumbles in his sleep, his teammates couldn't make out the full word, but heard enough to know he said Lucy.

They see Natsu unconsciously bring Lucy closer if that is even possible since their isn't any space in between them. Natsu nuzzles into her hair and sighs happily.

Erza, Gray, Wendy, Happy, and Charle all hide to where they can still see and hear the sleeping pair, but the pair can't see them.

"Mm" Natsu groans as he wakes up for the second time since it was day.

"Lucy" he whispers looking down at said person.

"You really confuse me sometimes" Natsu chuckles quietly, he nuzzles his face into the pillow as he plays with her hair in his fingers. He can feel her warm breath on his chest, Natsu smiles warmly.

Team Natsu has never seen Natsu smile, or act like they saw just now. They all exchange glances that say 'he must really love her', they look back at the pair as they see the blonde move from the corner of their eye.

"Morning" Natsu speaks up as the blonde looks up at him.

"Morning Natsu" Lucy says locking eye contact with him.

"So- uh" Natsu starts, he rubs the back of his  head with the hand he released from his hold around the celestial mage.

"Uh- yeah" She finished, they look at each other and a tint of deep red blush coats their cheeks.

"You may now kiss the bride!" Gray exclaims jumping out of their hiding spot.

"GRAY!" The pair yells obviously flustered. The pair sits up and the blanket falls to their laps.

"Uhm- Lucy?" Erza points at Lucy's shirt. Lucy looks down to see that her tank top is half way up her stomach, and the top is a little farther down then it should be. Lucy blushes and pulls the top of her tank top up, and pulls the bottom of her tank top down.

"So why are you two cuddling? Is there something we should know?" Erza changes the subject.

"They looovvvveeee~ each other" Happy teases.

"SHUT IT CAT!" They yell in unison.

"Natsu had another nightmare" Lucy informed the team, they nodded in understanding.

Natsu looked away from everyone's pleading stares.

"I'm not explaining" He snaps, everyone sighs.

"We have a train to catch in an hour, get ready" Erza commands the pair nod and everyone but Natsu and Lucy leave the room.

"So" Lucy starts while fiddling with her thumbs.

"Let's just get ready" Natsu sighs, she nods and stands up. Natsu looks at her as she stands up and a blush appears on his face as he sees her shorts ride up as she gets up. He looks away and gets up as well.

"Was it the same nightmare?" She asks breaking the silence.

~Natsu's POV~

"Yeah" I answer quietly looking into her beautiful brown eyes. I love her so much but I wish I didn't worry her.

"I wonder what keeps triggering these nightmares?" Lucy asks herself triggering her inner bookworm by pulling out a book from her bag.

"I grabbed this book from the guilds library in hopes of finding something about your nightmares" Lucy informed me flipping through the pages. I walk up beside her pretending I am reading, but in the end, I am just watching her as she reads. When she reaches something she doesn't understand, her eyebrows furrow. When she finds something shocking, her eyes widen. And when she finds something hopeful she smiles then gets let down and frowns.

I start to rub her back as she reads and she calms at my touch and looks up at me. Her face the home to the most beautiful smile in the world, the perfect color of blush, and the liveliest of brown eyes. I return the smile and he blush intensifies.

She looks back down at the book and comes across the page she needed, but all the words were worn and unreadable.

"Dammit" Lucy mutters angrily, she closes the book and sets it back in her bag. By this time I am no longer rubbing her back, but resting my hand there.

"We should get ready" she sighs.

"Don't be upset ok? It's nothing worry about." I reassure her, but I am lying, I can't have her worry. Because once she finds out about these dreams she will feel so bad about causing me stress about her safety. She nods and we both start packing our individual luggage.

Written October 20th, 2020.
1103 Words.