Chapter 9

-Natsu's POV-

This morning's memories stuck in my mind.
The way the sun amplified her natural beauty.
And the way her blush had shown.

Now her blush has calmed, and the sky is blue. We are walking to the guild, our hands occasionally touching, which makes my heart skip a beat. I want to hold her hand and never let go, nevermind that, I just want to hold her. To be able to call her mine with no worries of someone else taking her.

The guilds large wooden doors coming in view our walking pace slows. From the corner of my eye I see her look at me for a second then look away. She suddenly stops, I stop and look back at her, me being maybe a foot ahead of her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" After I say that she looks up at me and shakes her head.

"Nothing, it's nothing" She smiles, and keeps walking.

I walk beside her wondering, what was that about? Her smile pushed my worries away and we reach the guild.

We slowly push the wooden doors open, and is greeted by...

-Lucy's Pov-

We push open the guilds doors, the smell of booze instantly hitting my nose.

As soon as the doors are fully open, I see Gray flying towards us. When close enough Natsu swings his hand to the side, taking Gray with it, and the sheer force from the swing sends Gray directly into the wall. Through the silence after the loud bang, the only things you can hear is Natsu's light footsteps.

I follow him in and sit at a booth, where he sits beside me only a moment later. Nobody has said a single word since we walked in. But all of a sudden Natsu turns his head to the guild.

"Who. Threw. Him" His once calm voice now laced with venom. The guild grows even more silent then before, but all the fingers point. I look to where they are pointing to see Elfman shivering, from what I assume is fear. I see Natsu shoot a deadly glare and I look at Elfman once more, to see him shaking even more than he was before.

I never knew that people in the guild were actually scared of Natsu like this. I get that it's pretty odd behavior, knowing how he was happy-go-lucky cheerful and playful only a few days ago. The sudden change shocked us all, and it all started when he had that nightmare. I will figure it out sooner or later.

I just have to wait until he tells me.

I'm sorry I was gone for so loooong.
Not edited

Written: May 14th, 2021
451 words