Chapter Sixteen - short chapter

~Natsu's POV~

My angel has come home.
Tired, but safe.
Happy, and thankfully healthy.
And not killed by the demonic Mirajane.

"You look tired" I tell her as she plops onto her bed.

"I am, Mira kept trying to get information out of me and the girls all night" She says as she closes her eyes.

"What kind of information?" I ask curiously.

She blushes, and shakes her head.

"Nothing, nothing at all" her voice sounding frantic, she clearly doesn't want me to know.

"But Luuuuuuucy~" I playfully whine, reeeeally wanting to know.

"No" she opens her eyes, giving me a 'ask me again and I'll kick you out' look.

"Fine" I quickly say, not wanting to be kicked, and not wanting to leave.

"Good, now let me sleep" She replies, closing her eyes again.

"It'll be good to sleep, since we leave for the trials tomorrow!" I cheer.

But after moments of hearing no reply, I look at her, and see her already fast asleep.

I get up, and walk to the edge of her bed. I carefully take her shoes off of her feet, lightly pull her blanket over her, lean down, and place a small light kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight Lucy" I whisper with a smile.

I lay down beside her, and fall asleep as well, knowing my angel is safe beside me.

Sorry for not updating for a while.
I've been kind of busy, and dealing with change, so I'm writing when I can.
This was just a short chapter to tell y'all I'm still active, and still writing.

Written: Monday, August 2nd, 2021
271 Words

Not edited