Chapter Twelve

~Natsu's POV~

It's been a bit.
Only a day or two.
But today, at the guild, my angel tells me something.

"The girls and I are going shopping!" Lucy says excitedly with a smile.

She has always loved shopping, especially when the things she likes, is cheap enough for her to afford and still be able to pay rent.

"Can I come?" I ask, hoping she will say yes.

"Nope! Girls day" she answers, still smiling brightly.

Aw, but I wanna stay with youuuuu luuuuce.

but of course I'm not going to say that out loud.

"Okay, have fun" I say, hoping she does have fun, but also wanting to tag along.

But she said no, so I won't, but I will wait at her apartment for her to come home.

Home, to me, is wherever my angel is, my Lucy, we could be stuck in a cell from a job gone wrong and to me it would be home, because that's where she is.

Lucy and the girls make visible eye contact, and all run out of the guild with huge smiles.

After a few minutes, I get up, walk out of the guild, and make my way to Lucy's apartment.

When I arrive, I hop into the window, as usual, then lay on her bed.

Her apartment is filled with her relaxing scent. I mean, of course it would be since she lives here. But whenever she is gone, I find myself laying in her bed, surrounded by her scent, which calms me until she comes home, until I can hold her again.

We may not be together, but we have our moments. Like cuddling when watching a movie. Holding her when she needs comforting or whenever she wants to be held. I'm always there, and I will never leave her, I just hope she never leaves me.

Because a dragon needs their mate, and my Angel, Lucy, is my mate, I need her in my life.

~

~Lucy's POV~

"Erza, can you help me for a second?" I ask my red-head friend as me and the girls walk side by side in one of the shops.

"Of course, how can I help?" Erza replies as she looks at me.

"What does Natsu like? You've known him longer than I have, so it was only natural to ask you" I tell her, to which she responds with a nod.

"And I'm guessing you were second guessing things because you knew he liked them but wasn't sure if he would actually like them?" She says, completely exposing me.

"Maybeeee" I reply, knowing she is right.

"Dragons, it doesn't matter what it is, as long as it has a dragon on it, he will absolutely love it, it's who he is, he accepts anything that is given to him because he believes it's the thought that matters, he may be reckless sometimes, but he has a good heart, so listen to yours and choose the gift your heart tells you to get him" She says to me.

"Thank you" I thank her as I run off into an isle.

"Lucy wait" Erza says from behind me.

I stop running and turn around to meet her curious eyes.

"What's the gift for?" She asks.

"It's a 'Thank you' gift, for him always being there for me, never leaving me alone, because he knows I hate being alone, for always being there to protect me, and care for me, even if I do cause him trouble, or kick him our of my bed" I answer truthfully, laughing quietly at the last part.

Erza only smiles, a genuine smile, and walks away, leaving me to find the perfect gift for the man who means the world to me.

~

I walk through the doors of my apartment after a long day of shopping. My hands full with heavy plastic bags.

As soon as I open the door, Natsu looks, gets up from my bed, comes over to me, and lightly grabs some of the bags.

I smile as a thank you, and shut the door behind me.

He sets the bags on the counter as I set the bags I was holding on the floor beside the counter.

"Have fun?" He asks me as he leans against the counter beside me.

"Mhm, but my feet are killing meeee, we have been walking for at least the past six hours" I answer as I sit on the floor.

He laughs quietly, and sits beside me, his arm up against my shoulder.

"I got something for you" I say as I look up at him.

He looks down at me.

"What for?" He asks.

I reach over into one of the bags, and take out a small box.

"It's a 'thank you' gift" I tell him as I hand him the box.

He lightly takes the box as I hand it to him, and he carefully opens it.

Inside the box lays a pair of black wrist sweat bands, kind of like the ones he wears, except the pair I got him has a red embroidered dragon on both.

He smiles, puts them on, and pulls me into a hug.

I hug him back, and lay my head on him.

"Thank you Lucy, I love them" he says as I feel a very light kiss on my head, making me blush a little.

"You're welcome" I reply, closing my eyes, fully relaxed in his calming hold.

His hold has to be one of my favorite places in the whole world. It's so calming, and it makes me feel safe. No matter how many times I kick him out of my bed, or give him a hard time, his hold is always where I want to be at the end of the day.

And today, I'm here, fully relaxed in his arms.

Written: May 24th, 2021
981 Words.