Chapter One

-Natsu's POV-

I love her...
I know it now...
Everyone thinks I am just a childish dense dragon slayer. But, I know what love is, I know what everything is.

I walk out of the guild with my two best friends, Luce and Happy. Them in front while I trail behind stuck in my thoughts.

I really love her, everything about her. The way she smiles, laughs, yells at me, Lucy kicks me out of her bed, her jokes, her pout, and so much more.

"Hey Natsu, You ok?" Lucy asks turning to look at me with a concerned look on her beautiful face.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I say looking to the right to hide my upcoming blush.

"If you say so..." Lucy responds looking down at Happy.

"Happy? Don't you know that Charle likes Tea, not Fish?" I listen to her sweet voice as she gives my little buddy advice.

"Aww, but fish are yummy" Happy pouts, I let out a low chuckle and shake my head.

"It's true little buddy" I chuckle, he turns to me shocked.

"You mean that Lushie wasn't lying!?" He exclaims.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean!" Lucy shouts waving her clenched fists in the air.

"That he thought you were lying Luce" I say as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I know that much!" She shouts once again.

Lucy goes through the door of her apartment as I crawl through the window and jump onto her bed.

"USE.THE.DOOR!" Lucy scolds from her door as she glares at me.

"No can do" I laugh and give her my trademark smile.

"Agh, I give up" She pouts.

I stand up and walk to the couch and purpously fall face first into the cushions.

"Night Luce and Happy" I mutter as I fall into a deep sleep.

~Dream~

"Lucy!" I yell, my voice laced with fear.

"Where are you?!" I yell out only to be met with more fearful silence.

I hear an ear deafening scream and I freeze. That's Lucy's scream...

I run, run, and run, not knowing where I am going. All I know is that I need to follow her scream to her.

I reach the location of the scream and I stop. Lucy is on the ground, knife in her stomach, bleeding out. I hear the faint beat of her heart and run over to her pressing my hands around the knife blade impaling her stomach to slow the bleeding.

"N-no L-Lucy, p-pl-please d-d-don-don't mov-move, y-you wi-will ge-get h-h-home t-ton-tonight" I stutter not believing my own words.

"N-Natsu..." Lucy coughs pushing more blood out of her stomach.

"Na-Natsu?! W-where d-d-did...W-w-wh-where are y-you?" Lucy panics quietly.

"I'm right here L-Luc-Luce" I sob quietly.

"I-it's d-dark" She says making my eyes widen.

"N-No L-Luc-Lucy! D-Don't cl-close you-your ey-eyes o-okay?" I command her still sobbing.

Tears rush out of my eyes and fall onto her pale, beaten, and bloody arm.

"Na...." Lucy goes silent and limp.

"NO LUCY, W-WAKE U-UP D-D-DON-DON'T P-PLAY TH-THIS G-G-GAME" I scream shaking her.

"Lucy, please don't go, I love you"

"NATSU!" I hear her voice yell, but how?

"WAKE UP P-PLEASE!" I hear her yell again.

~End of Dream~

I open my eyes to see a tear stained face belonging to the very girl who just died in my dream.

"Lucy" I breath out as I sit up and pull her into my arms. She tenses, then relaxes almost immediately.

"What's wrong?" I ask quietly.

"Y-you were c-crying and screaming out my n-name in your s-sleep. You wouldn't w-wake up, you s-scared me" She sobs into my chest.

"Im sorry" I apologize as I nuzzle into the crook of her neck breathing in her intoxicating sweet scent.

"It's ok, let's just sleep now" She whispered standing up and pulling me up too. I look at her confused but she never makes eye contact with me, she only pulls me to her bed and pushes me down. I properly lay down, and she slides in wrapping her arms around my waist nuzzling into my chest. I have never seen her act this way, It's confusing but adorable. I chuckle and wrap my arms around her. Her scent slowly pulls me into a deep comfortable sleep.

Written: October 16th, 2020.
765 words.