Chapter Seventeen

~Natsu's POV~

Today is the day.
The day where we learn our fate.
And learn our position in this guild we call home.

"Natsu~!! Wake~! Up~!" I hear an angelic voice exclaim, slowly pulling me from my sleep.

And just as I was about to open my eyes. I feel something, or better yet, someone, jump on me.

I jump and quietly squeak as my eyes snap open and look at the culprit.

"Why'd you jump on meeeeeeeee~" I tiredly and playfully whine.

"Cause we gotta get ready before Erza has our head!!" She exclaims, playfulness no longer in her tone.

"Not Erza" I quickly say as I sit up, picking Lucy up and putting her beside me on the couch.

I look at her again, then see her hair wet, and her already dressed.

She would be wearing these little jean shorts, a pair of pink and white sneakers, a pink tank top, and her hair would be up in a pony tail using a pink hair ribbon.

She's so adorable.

As I completely get up, and start to get ready, Happy flies into the window, grabbing our attention.

"Natsu~! You ready to kick some butt~!!?" Happy yells confidently and excitedly as he flies in circles adound the room.

"Yeah! I'm all fired up!" I exclaim, putting my fist in the air and setting it on fire while smiling my signature smile.

I hear Lucy quietly giggle behind me, making me put out the fire on my fist and gently smile.

"Let's go do this!!!" Lucy yells.

All of us are so excited, so confident, but little did we know, this year would be different.

~Timeskip~

"Bleghhhhh" I vomit off the side of the ship.

"I'm sorry guys! Bleghhh" I hear Wendy apologize beside me as she vomits as well.

"What a bunch of wimps!!" Gajeel yells, green in the face as he clearly holds back from vomiting like Wendy and I.

"He acts so tough, yet he is sick too" Levy giggles from beside Lucy.

"Shrimp!! I'm not sick!!" Gajeel yells, still clearly sick.

"Keep telling yourself that~" Levy teases him, as her and Lucy start to read a book together.

"Tch" Gajeel looks away, and just as he looks away, he vomits off the side of the ship. The same side we are all hung over, super motion sick.

~Timeskip, Lucy's POV~

Hours have passed, and now the shore of Tenroujima island is in view.

Levy puts her book away, and I stand up, grabbing my bag.

"Just like last year, the first to the shore has first pick, go!" Master yells, standing on the bow of the ship.

Levy and I immediately jump out, and as we fall, levy uses her solid script magic.

"Solid Script, Raft! Solid Script Oars!" She yells, and we land on the raft, oars in hand. We immediately start rowing, it's not that fast, but hey, it's way faster than swimming.

Moments later, Natsu and Happy, along with Gajeel and Pantherlily fly over us, speeding to the shore. It appears as if they are racing, as expected.

We don't look back to see the rest of our opponents and what they are doing, we just keep rowing.

When we reach the shore, we run to the tunnels. Both tunnel 1 and 4 have been taken, we look at each other, and run into tunnel 6.

As we reach a huge room, we see the exit blocked. A battle room. We scan the room for a hiding spot, only to find one large rock. We make the decision to hide behind it, and silently watch for our opponents arrival.

Written: November 15th, 2021
Words: 615 words
Unedited