Chapter 9

"Uh we're leaving Beacon Hills," Erica says

"Tonight," Boyd mumbles

Amara opens her mouth to say something then closes it not even knowing how to react. She was in complete shock. "Why?" She asked finally

"We want to live. The hunters are just too much."Erica said

"We think there might be another pack out there. We're going to try to find and join them."

Amara nods. "Well good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for." She said and gives them a small smile.

Boyd gave her a hug and she hugs him back. She then hugs Erica. She breaks away and sighs. She looks at them. She held back her tears.

"Thanks for speaking to me in the library."

"Thanks for sitting at my lunch table."

"Of course," Amara said and puts on a smile. "Bye. Contact me when you're safe." She said

They nod and walk away. She watches as they go and then closes the door. She huffs. She was going to miss them but she understood why they did it. Erica had been her first friend here, There was Allison but she wasn't close to her like she was to Erica. Then there was Boyd who she saw was lonely like herself and was brave enough to sit with him. They both wanted the same thing that day they first met, someone to sit with. In the short time, she had been in Beacon Hills Amara had grown to love them both, and now they were leaving. She went back to doing her chores. About an hour later she heard a knock on the door.

Amara opens the door and sees Issac.
"Hey," Issac said

"Hi."She says and bites her lip, she already knew why he was here. "You're leaving with them aren't you."

Issac nods his head and scratches the back of his neck. "Yea." He said. "Unless you think I should stay." He said, looks at her

Yes. I want you to stay. I don't want to lose anyone else. "Issac I can't decide that for you." She said, ignoring her thoughts

Issac nods. "Yea you're right. I should probably get going." He said

"Yea. So I guess this is goodbye then." She mumbles

Issac nods. He wrapped her arms around her.  She slowly wraps her arms around him, hugging him back. Her head rested on his chest. She closed her eyes, trying her best not to cry. She didn't want him to see her cry. It would just make it worse. She sniffles, opening her eyes and pulling away.

"I'll miss you, darling," Issac said

Amara chuckles slightly. "Darling." She mocks in amused tone.

She shakes her head. "Gosh, I can't believe I'm  actually going to miss that stupid nickname." She said

Issac looks at her and chuckles. "I knew you liked it." He said

Amara nods. "I'll miss you too Issac." She said and smiles slightly.

The two look at each other for a while."Uh well bye." He finally said before walking off her porch.

Amara watched as he left before she closed the door. She leaned her back against the door and slid down until her bottom reaches the ground. She closed her eyes and let the tears fall down her face. She stayed that way until her phone rang.

Amara sighs, opening her eyes, and uses the back of her hand to wipe away the tears that had fallen. She  picked up the phone. "What do you want?" She asked

"Wow, you picked up. What made you finally pick up?" A voice said from the other line

"I finally pick up after you kept blowing up my phone and that's the first thing you say."

"Well, I wouldn't be blowing up your phone if you were answering."

"Well, maybe I would've answered earlier if you weren't a horrible friend."

"Ouch, but I deserved that. But I know you, so why did you finally answer if you're mad at me?" The voice asked

"Well, I thought my day has already been going pretty bad so I thought speaking to you can't make it any worse." She snapped. She heard a slight chuckle from the line.

"Uh, the people I made friends with here or at least tried to be with friends now that I think about it there's a lot I don't even know about them but it doesn't matter I guess because I still cared about them. Anyways they're leaving tonight. I guess it's sort of my fault I should've stayed a loner instead of becoming close to people so quickly." She rambled

"Amara it's not your fault.  And it doesn't matter how long or what you know about them. If you think of them as their friend then they're your friend. That's just who you are. You care for people quickly it's not a bad thing."

"It sure seems like a bad thing. If I just stuck to myself this would've never happened. You never hear people who care a lot complain about people leaving." She mumbles

"And if you did you just be lonely and that doesn't work well for you. And you and I both know that."

"I guess." She mumbles and then there was silence for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry. I know that what I did hurt you and I was just being stupid."

"Sawyer, you were my best friend. You knew I was leaving and yet you ignored me my last few days I was there. Instead, you were with that she-devil."

"Look I know I should've been there but you know how she is. We both have been victims of her wrath." He said

Amara stayed silent for a while, not really knowing how to handle it. Everything he said had been true. It would've been hypocritical of her to stay mad. She sighed.

"I forgive you. Especially since I know what it's like to be around she-devil. But promise while I'm gone you'll stay away from her for both of us," Amara said finally

"I promise. I haven't even spoken to her since you left. So how has it been besides all  your new friends leaving?"

"It's been okay. I mean I have somewhat adjusted to being here. It's just not what I'm used to. I wish I was back there." Amara answers

"Well if it helps it sucks here without you." He said

Amara smiled at his words. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too. Look I have to go but call me when you're free." Sawyer said

"Okay, I'll speak to you later."
Amara hangs up and then went upstairs to her room. She got in her bed deciding to take a nap, wanting to escape from reality.  Amara woke up a few hours later and looked at the time. She knew there was supposed to be a game tonight and decided that she would go. She got out of bed and changed her clothes into sweatpants and a hoodie just wanting to keep it simple. She walked out of her room and walked downstairs. She saw her dad in the kitchen cooking dinner.

"Hey. There's a lacrosse game tonight. Can I go?"She asked

Jefferson nods. "Sure. Will you be fine by yourself?"

"Yea. I'll see you later." She said and grabbed her keys that she left on the table.

"Love you."

"Love you too dad." She said before walking out of the house.

Amara got in her car and drove to school. She had walked to the field once she got to school. This would be just what she needed to boost her mood. Go to her school's lacrosse game and cheer them on as a normal teenager would.

What's the worst that could happen at a lacrosse game?