Chapter 33

Issac was with Allison and Argent outside of a warehouse to meet someone who knew about the Oni. The plan was for Issac to go inside first and try to talk to him. Issac's palms were sweating, he was a nervous wreck about the plan. He wished Amara was her to calm him down.

"I can't do this," Issac told Allison as her dad was on the phone

"Yes, you can."

"All they're going to see is a dumb boy in a suit who has no idea what he is doing."

Allison shakes her head and smiles. "Then let them see a man." She leans up and plants a kiss on him.

Issac froze taken by surprise and not knowing what to do. He moves back and turns around slightly wiping his lips, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry I don't know what came over me. I shouldn't have done that."Allison said

Issac blocked out Allison's voice. He heard a car pull off and recognized it as Amara's car pulling off. He shakes his head and looks down.

Amara listened to his side of the story. She shook her head and crosses her arms.

"Allison kissed me but I promise I didn't kiss her back. I love you, darling." Issac said

"You sure it didn't mean anything to you. Because She's pretty, smart and kind,' she said

"And you are beautiful, intelligent, and have the kindest heart. You mean everything to me. I love you. I would never cheat on you. I only have eyes for you."

"You don't like her but she likes you. I get it, I mean how could anyone not fall for you and your stupid charm. And your stupid face which I love.  But Issac it took you all day to come to tell me when I was thinking that you had cheated on me. I had thought the worst."

Issac looks at her with his sad eyes. "I'm sorry. I wanted to finish the plan."

Amara looks away not being able to meet his eyes.

"Please tell me what I can say or do to make it better."

Amara didn't even know the answer to that herself. Deep down inside she believed Issac. She knew he wouldn't do that. However, she was still hurt by the whole situation and it didn't seem like this would be easy to mend.

"I think you should go." She mumbles, no longer in a mood to talk.

"But-"

"It's late and I want to sleep. I'll see you later."

Issac nods. "Uh, yea."He said and looks down before leaving her home.

Amara watched as he left and sighs. She why back up to her room and fell asleep She didn't go to school the next morning, not in the mood to go. She was asleep when she heard her door open. She sees her father standing by the door.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

"I have an interview today."

"Did you get fired? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't get fired. I just need a better paying job"

Amara sits up. "Why didn't you tell me? I can always get a job."

"No, you already have too much on your plate. Don't worry about it. Now, what's wrong with you?" He says

"Uh a girl, my friend supposedly kissed Issac. And Issac being the great boyfriend he is didn't kiss her back."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"That's the thing, dad. I'm not mad at him. I'm mad at Allison because she betrayed me. And I'm also mad at myself. I should've known Issac wouldn't have cheated me. Cause he's a great boyfriend and I don't deserve him."Her voice breaking