Chapter 43

A/N

Before you read this chapter I just wanted you to know is more fast-paced than the other chapters. There's one time jump and two mini flashbacks. I'm sorry if it gets confusing or too fast-paced. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Anyways onto the story.

***

"We're moving," Jefferson said

He had finally sat the two of them down later that day to tell them they were leaving Beacon Hills. Grace didn't take the news so well. She got up from her seat on the couch and ran upstairs to her room. Jefferson was about to go after her but Amara spoke up.

"Dad just give her some space. She's not going to want to talk to you." Amara said with a sigh

He turns to looks at her. "Why are you so calm? I thought you would also be mad."

"That's because I already knew. You left the papers on the kitchen table."

"So you're not mad?"

Amara shakes her head. "No. After everything that happened, I know that change will be good."

"Well, thanks for being understanding."

Amara bites her lip and nods. "So is it possible we are moving to France?"

"We're not moving to France."

"But think about the learning experience we would get from living there?"

"Sorry, but we aren't going to France. And you don't care about the learning experience you care about Issac."

"Well, it was worth a shot." She mumbles

"Loom I know you miss him and it's hard because separated but you'll get through it."

"Yeah, I know. I just thought it would be nice if we were. But life doesn't work that way." Amara said and looks at him "So where are we moving to?"

"Maine."

"We're going back to Storybrooke?"

"No. Another town in Maine. I just thought it would be good to be closer."

"Dad you hated our old town. Why would you want to be closer?"

He sighs. "Because I got worried. I wanted to move you girls here to get away from all of the mess of our old home. But after everything you have been through recently I've realized maybe it was a mistake. I just want you two to be safe. And no matter where we go there will always be some type of problem whether it's a fairy tale related it not.  I thought it would be good to move closer just in case you ever want to go back ."

Amara hugs him and smiles. "Thanks, dad. And don't stress yourself about protecting us. You've been doing a great job."

A few months later

The move went pretty smoothly. A week after finding out they were moving they officially left Beacon Hills. The town she now lived in had a small population much like her old town. Everyone knew everybody here their whole lives. So it was hard coming into this new town where everyone knew each other for years.

Amara wipes down the counter of the diner she worked at.  She started working here after school when she first moved here. Now that it was summer break Having a job was honestly one of her favorite things about the town. She liked making her own money. It gave her the sense of normalcy that she begged for in Beacon Hills.

"So what are you doing Friday night?"Riley, one of her only friends in the town asked as she swept the floor of the diner.

Amara had to thank Riley a lot. Riley convinced her sister to give her a job at the diner since her sister was the manager. She helped her get caught up in school work. Ever since they first met they had been close.