Chapter 37

"Would you please just let me see him?"Amara asked.

"For the last time young lady. Only family is allowed."The lady at the front desk told her

It had been two days since Issac got hurt. Paramedics had rushed him into the hospital right away that night. Amara had stayed in the history for the whole two days despite her father's wishes waiting for any sign of improvement from Issac.

Amara glared at her. "And for the last time, he has no living biological family members. I'm his family. No one in this world cares about Issac more than me. So I swear if you don't let me see I will reach over this desk and grab the key myself!" She snapped

"Ma'am if you yell again I'll call security."The lady said

Amara narrows her eyes at her. She felt a hand on her shoulder and was about to snap before turning to look to see it was just Scott.

"Barbra that won't be necessary." Melissa standing on the other side of Amara.

Scott and Melissa escorted her away from the secretary's desk.

"Look I get you upset but you can't go around threatening people," Melissa told her as they walked to the room Isaac was in.

"I'm sorry. They haven't let me see him. And they don't understand that he doesn't have any family."

"Well, he has us," Melissa said as she takes out her key and unlocks the door. She looks at the two teens. "Be quick."

Scott and Amara enter the room. They looked at Issac and he didn't look any better. He was pale and still had burns across his body. She frowns.

"He's not healing," Amara says in disappointment

"He should be," Scott mumbles

Scott looks at her before looking back at Issac. He places his hand on Issac's arm. He closed his eyes. She watched as Scott's veins turned black as he took Issac's pain away. He groans and let's go when it was too much for him.

"It won't heal him but it will-"

Amara immediately hugs Scott. "Thank you." She said, cutting him off

He nods, hugging her back. "I'll give you a moment," Scott said and walks out of the room.

Amara looks at Issac and holds his hands. "I miss you so much. I wish you didn't push me out of the way. You wouldn't be like this. Please get better soon. I need you. I love you." She said as tears stroll down her face.

Amara sniffed and let go of his hand. She wiped her tears with the back of her hands. She walks to the door and gives him one last look before walking out of the room. Melissa and Scott were outside waiting for her.

Melissa looks at her and puts her hands on her shoulder. "I know you don't want to but go to school. Staying here won't make him heal faster. I'll call you if there are any updates. He's going to be fine I promise."

Amara nods. "Okay." She said

"Scott will drive you," Melissa says

Scott and Amara walked out of the hospital. He led her to his motorcycle. Amara puts on the helmet and gets on the bike. She wraps her arms around Scott's waist.

"I need to go home first," Amara said

"Why?"

"I'm in two days old clothes. I look a mess. Plus I don't even have my bag."

"Glad you have your priorities straight."Scott chuckles

"Shut up." She says jokingly

Scott started driving towards her house. It wasn't a long ride. Once they got there Amara got off the bike and takes off the helmet. She hands it to Scott and he puts it on the bike handle. The two walk inside her house.