Chapter 34

Amara parked in the lot of the school. She promised herself she would go to school today and actually stay the whole day. She wasn't looking forward to it. At least she had started her day with a good breakfast at home, pancakes, and bacon. She walked into school with her hood over her head wanting to stay hidden for the whole day.

Amara walked to her first class. She was glad Issac and her didn't share any classes together. She didn't want to see him today. She wouldn't know what to say to him. In each one of her classes, she made sure to pay attention the whole time. She had been slacking when it came to school and wanted to get back on top.

Amara stood in the hallway when it was lunchtime, putting her books away. She turned as she saw Scott come up to her.

"Hey" He greeted

"Hey." She said and gives him a small smile

"Are you okay?" He asked

Amara nods and bites her lip. She knew he would hear her lie if she spoke.

"You sure? Issac told me what happened."Scott said

Amara didn't want any pity but she looked at Scott and knew he was genuinely concerned. She lets out a sigh.

"Ok yes I'm hurt, sad, angry about the situation but I'm fine. I'm thinking about other things to make the pain go away."

"You know you can always come to me if you ever need to talk, or cry, or whatever way you want to get your feelings out."

"Yea."Amara mumbles.

Amara hugs him and closes her eyes. Scott was like a brother to her. He was there to comfort her when she needed him. "You're a really good friend Scott." She said and smiles

Scott returns the smile. "So are you. You don't need to put so much pressure on yourself. You're fine just the way you are."

"Thanks. I uh will see you around." She said

Scott nods. "Remember to call me if you need to for anything." He said before the two went their separate ways.

Amara dreaded when it was time for her English class. She shared that class with Allison. She didn't want to speak to her or even see her. She walks into the classroom and sighs. She sat down in her seat which unfortunately was right in front of Allison. Amara felt a  soft tap on her shoulder as her teacher had their back towards the class as they write on the board. She ignores the tap knowing it was Allison trying to talk to her. A few minutes later a piece of paper landed on her desk. She rolls her eyes and crumbled up the paper before shooting it in the trash can from her seat. Allison didn't try to talk to her for the rest of the class.

When class was over Amara walked out of the room with Allison trailing after.

"Can we please talk?"Allison asked

Amara ignored her and continued to walk. She only had one more class to get through then she could go home.

"You've been ignoring me for the last two days."

She kept walking to her class, not even acknowledging Allison.

"Just let me explain."

She finally turned around to face her. "Explain what, that you're a bitch.

Allison frowns taken aback by her words. "I'm sorry. I know that I shouldn't have kissed him. I don't know what happened. I never wanted to betray you."

She shakes her head and clears her throat. "I uh knew you liked him. You have since the ritual.  I could tell by the way you looked at him. Cause I know I look at him that way. But I never said anything because..." She sniffles