Chapter 42

Amara went home after everything was over. Her father texted her that he was okay and the poison went away. She took a shower then immediately got into her bed. She tried to fall asleep wanting to get some rest after everything but her mind was filled with so many thoughts. She couldn't believe everything was over and thought about everyone they lost through all of it.

Amara managed to get a few hours of sleep before she woke up and went downstairs. She saw a stack of paper on the counter and decided to go through it. One paper had caught her eye when she heard the doorbell ring.  Her eyes widen as she stared at it for a little. The doorbell rang again before she puts it under the stack of mail and goes to answer the door. When she opened it Issac was standing there. 

"Um, I wanted to talk."He said with his hands in his pockets  as he walked inside

Amara closed the door and turns to look at him. "Oh is it what we're supposed to talk  about earlier?"

"No, it's about something else," Issac answered and sighed. "I-I'm going with Argent to France. Uh, he wanted to take the triskele box somewhere safe. He offered me to come with him. And I agreed. It's just that I want a break from this place. I'm sorry."

She shakes "No, no don't be. I completely get it. Being in this town, saving lives all the time, seeing people..our friends die it  can really take a toll on someone."Amara said and puts her hand on his face

"When are you leaving?"She asked looking up at him

"Tomorrow night. I know it's soon but Argent wanted to leave as soon as possible. "He answers and looks down at her

"So we only have the rest of today and early tomorrow before you go?"

Issac nods his head. "Yeah."

"Do you know when you'll be back?"

"Uh no."

Amara looks at him and smiles slightly. "Well, then we can't waste a single second of it. So let's do something. Anything."

"I thought you were going to be upset," Issac said

"There is no time to be upset. You're leaving soon. And I don't want to spend our last day crying and upset."

Issac looks at her and nods. "Ok, we won't then."

"Right so what do we do?"

"I do need to pack."

"So I'll help you pack then."

Amara puts on her shoes and a jacket. She grabs her keys and they walk out of her house. They walk down to his house, holding hands. He opens the door for her and they go inside. They walk into his room together. Amara noticed he already started packing since his suitcase was open and on his bed. Issac started going through his clothing and putting them in his suitcase. Amara takes out her phone and played some music. Issac turns to look at her and smiles.  She walks over and helps fold his clothes and puts them in his suitcase.

When they were halfway through Amara stood in front of his mirror. He walks across the room and stands behind her. He wraps his arms around her. She leans into his touch.

"Uh Issac I know we never got to talk like we wanted but I wanted to say that I love you. You mean the absolute world to me even if you go to France and meet some-"

"Darling." He started cutting her off and turns her around so she could face him. "I love you. You've changed my life. When I'm in France you are the only girl that I'll be thinking about."He said with their faces inches apart

Issac presses his lips against her, holding her body close to his. Amara kisses him back, wrapping her arms around his neck. Butterflies flutters in her stomach as the kiss deepened. The two stumbled backward onto the bed. Amara could feel her heartbeat faster. She wondered if Issac could hear it too or was he too distracted. They two continued to kiss each other. They were in sync with each other. Everything about the kiss was perfect. At that moment they were perfect.