Chapter 24

Issac walked away from Amara's house upset and annoyed. He wishes she wouldn't have put herself in danger like that. He wishes she would understand how he felt hearing that she was in danger like that. It terrified him.  He kept walking. As he walked he started to hear a lot of commotion. He got closer and saw the police. He got closer and saw that it was a car that had crashed into a mailbox. The car was abandoned. He realized it was Amara's dad's car. He went up to one of the officers. "What happened here?" He asked

"We got a call about a car crashing into the mailbox. When we arrived there was no one in the car and no evidence of blood."

Issac was confused since he was smelling blood from where he stood. It was a faint scent but he knew there had to be blood in the car. "I know the owner of this car. Is it ok if I take a closer look?"

"How do you know the owner?"

"Uh well, it's my girlfriend's father's car."

The officer stared at him for a moment before nodding. "Go ahead, kid. Just don't get in the way." She said and lifts the police tape for him to come through

Issac walked by the car and instantly smelt blood. He made sure no one was looking before taking a napkin out of his pocket and opening the glove compartment. He saw a vial of blood with a note attached. He puts it in his pocket and closes the glove department before walking away from the scene.

When Issac arrived at her place he hesitated for a moment before knocking on the door he had no idea how he was going to explain this. Amara opens the door and was surprised to see Issac standing there. She stared at him for a minute, not expecting to see him so soon after their argument.

"Um hey. What are you doing here?"

"Can you step out here for a moment?" He asked

Amara nods her head. She stepped onto the porch and closed the door behind her. She bites her lips nervously.

"Look there's no easy way to say this," Issac said and scratches the back of his neck

Amara looks at him and her thoughts immediately went to the worse thought. He's going to break up with me. I ruined it. It's my fault.

"Issac I'm sorry. Okay, you were right and I was wrong. What I did was stupid. Can't we just talk about this before you just break up with me?"

Issac furrowed his eyebrow confused. "What? I'm not breaking up with you."

"Oh sorry continue." She mumbles and looks down.

"Look while I was walking I passed a crime scene. It was just a car crash. And it was your dad's car. He wasn't in it. But I found this." Issac told her and puts the vial of blood and note in her hand

"Thanks for the offer but no longer needed." She read out loud and looks out the vial of blood. She knew it was hers.

They looked at each other knowing exactly what it meant. Jennifer took her father.

"No, no. This can't be true." Amara sobs. Issac instantly wrapped his arms around her and rubs her back.

"He can't be dead. I can't lose my dad. What am I going to do? How am I going to explain it to Grace? We would be orphans."She said and felt her chest tightened.

"Look at me. He's not dead yet. We still have a chance to find him. And I promise we will. Stay strong.   Your sister doesn't need to see you like this. Just take a deep breath" Issac comforted her and wipes her tears.

Amara listens to him. She nods and takes several deep breaths. She leans on him. "You were right. Jennifer retaliated because of my dumb decisions and now my father is missing. It's my fault" She mumbles