Chapter 12

"Amara! Come on we're going to be late!"Grace screams from downstairs

"I'm coming!" Amara yells. She picked up her book bag from her bedroom floor and then walked downstairs. It was the first day of her junior year. Summer had been pretty great. She would hang out with Scott and Stiles sometimes even though it was clear that Stiles wasn't too fond of her. Scott had told her that Stiles just had problems trusting people and he didn't hate her. Amara had somehow gotten close to Lydia. Amara learned that Lydia had changed from all the rumors she heard of her being a total bitch. She actually so wasn't bad. Lydia was going. to drag her off to some double date last night but then Lydia invited Allison and Amara decided not to go. Then there was Issac who she hadn't seen as much as she liked but she knew he had a good reason. He was helping Derek search for Erica and Boyd. They've been missing since that night of the lacrosse game. Amara tried to contact them but they never answered and she had been worried about them. However when she actually did hang out with Issac. They had fun together.

Amara looked at Grace who was standing by the door already. She shakes her head, before grabbing a smoothie from the fridge. She put her sneakers on.

"Bye Shadow, "Amara said to their puppy who was a King Charles Spaniel. They had gotten him over the summer.  She heard a bark as she walked out the door with her sister.

They got in the car and she started driving to her sister's school. She opened the bottle and started drinking the smoothie as she drove.

"You took so long," Grace said

"Relax we are going to get there on time."

"I wanted to get there early to see my friends."

"Are you talking about the friend with brown hair, green eyes, male,  and that you talk nonstop about all summer?" Amara asked with a smirk

Grace rolls her eyes. "No. Plus I didn't talk about him all summer." She mutters

"Yea you did."She teased

"Whatever."Grace mumbles

Amara pulled up to her school a few minutes later. "Bye. Have a good day."Amara said

"You too," Grace said and got out of the car.

Amara made sure she walked into the school building before driving out of the parking lot into her own school. She got there a few minutes later and parked her car. She walked into the school building and sees Scott and Stiles down the hall. She quickly catches up to them.

"Hey."She says, popping her head into between them

The two looked at her. "Hey," Scott said
Stiles just gave her a nod.   

"So can I see it?" She asked, referring to the tattoo he got last night

"It healed, "Scott answered

"It was horrible anyway," Stiles said

Scott and Amara just looked at Stiles. Stiles just looked back at them, not seeing anything wrong with what he just said.

"Anyways we're going to Derek's later to fix it since he has a tattoo. Want to come?"

Amara nods. "Sure." She said

The three of them walked into English together. They took their seats. A few minutes later Lydia and Allison walked in. Amara and Allison locked eyes for a moment. Amara immediately looked away still being mad at her. Allison sighed and looked at the only seat available which was in front of Scott. The two looked at each other since things were still awkward between them before Allison finally sat down. A few minutes later everyone's phones went off.