Broken

Hardin Castillo

A cold fear embalmed me as the hairs rose at the back of my neck and my mouth ran dry
Steadying my breathe, I tried to calm my panic as I stared into her eyes
  "Revenge! You really want a revenge?"I asked , biting at my upper lips to stop it from quavering.
  "Yes". She answered coldly and my muscle grew tensed
   Alright!i simply said , looking away so she would not see the tears burning my eyes but it was of no use , she already saw it.
"Hardin". She rasped ,tilting her head forward to look in my face. "Are you alright?what is with the tears? Is it because of my sad story? she asked in a rush , her gaze meeting mine.
"I am alright". I managed to say and she smiled lightly , wiping my tears with her palm .
"This is the exact reason why I don't like talking about my dad , I don't like people pitying me". she stated .
  I sat there , staring blankly at her as I wondered how she would react when she finds out about me . When she finds out that the boy she loathes is the very same person she loves.
  Love! Did I just say love! Does it even exist?if yes , why is it cruel to me?
       Pheew!!I am completely messed up
    "Hardin". She interrupted my thoughts and I exhaled deeply, running my hands through my hair
    "You  were not listening to right?"she frowned and I faked a smile , caressing her messed up face 
     "Go to your room, I need the sleep"
  I really needed a lone time to think straight
     She stared at me with a puzzled face. "
No Hardin". She shook her head. " i want to spend the night with you
   "That is not possible".! I retorted in a huff and her eyes wide in surprise.
  "But why?" She queried . " I thought you wanted i
   "Hazel". I cut in . "Please Leave". I was trying so hard to sound calm.
  "Alright". she got off the bed , wrapped a sheet around her naked body , picked up her clothes and ran out of the room .
  I sighed in frustration knowing she was hurt but what can I do , I was hurt as well.....

The words of Hazel kept on playing in my heads
  I want him to die! I want him to rot in Jail! I want revenge!
      I was restless , I couldn't sleep , I kept on turning and tossing on the bed all night
    how I wished this was all a dream , but it wasn't ...
   What should i do, should I pretend it is all right and stay by her side or should I let her go?
   My heart churned in pain, my head spun in confusion, my eyes filled with tears .....
   I was going crazy and I knew it , I needed someone to talk to, I really needed to talk to some one ....
     Lazily, i dragged myself out from the bed , as if in a trance and walk out of my room to my mom's room .
    I needed her now and  hope she will listen to me this time around ..
     Getting to her room ,I pushed the door opened and walked in to see her sleeping
       I ambled to her bed and sat on it
  "Ma" . I tapped her gently as she stirred in her sleep
      "Ma" I called again and this time around, her eyes fluttered opened.
  groggily, she looked around the room and when her gaze met mine , she sat up in a huff.
  "Baby, What is it? why are you eyes bloodshot? Are you alright?". she asked in a rush and that was it  I couldn't hold it any longer , I broke down in tears.
  "Mum, i am hurting". I rasped , beating my chest in grief
   "Please talk to me". She pleaded , searching through my eyes
   "It is Hazel". I said In between sobs and she nodded , urging me to continue , but instead I chose to query her
    "Out of all the girls , why must she be the one? why did you employ the lady that will cause me pain?"
    She shot me a confused look. "I don't get , what are you talking about Hardin"
  "Erm thhe cops officer from three.. years ago Is Hazel father ". I stuttered, choking back my tears and she froze.
    "Peter Dakota"She called out in shock as I sniffed
  Is that his name?
    "Oh no! why didn't I think of this , "Dakota". She continued. "but how did you know about this?" She bit at her lower lips .
    "That is because she told me her self". I replied , my voice trembling.
   "Hazel"she repeated and I nodded
     "But she doesn't know I am the one". I quickly added and she sighed in relief
     "Good! we need to pay her off and end her job here"
  "No mum". I shook my head . " that is not right . I love Hazel so much to hurt her like this".
  she sighed. "You have to forget about her , you really need to  because once she finds out the truth, she will personally ruin you"
   I stared at her for a while and then sighed sadly ....
    This is really gonna be tough for me!can I ever forget her?hell no!!!
   "It is gonna be alright"my mum assured,pulling me into a warm hug .
  I held her tightly, and cried in her arms like a baby , knowing fully well that a part of me will be gone forever . But she is right , I have to let Hazel go so as not to cause her more pain .

                             Hazel Dakota