- Chapter 1 -

This first chapter is dedicated to @violetgirll_for making me smile :D

(Dedication to people in chapters inspired by @07JulieBD07 <3)

Maya's P.O.V:

Why the hell am I even here? My parents know I have horrible history with Ellie and her little Partizan. Especially after what my brother ---Edmund Ashwick--- pulled back at the summer ball, I'm afraid that's all they think of me, just a sister of a spoiled rich boy. Plus, Maradova is such a cold country, Its May and the snow was still showering above my head. I gripped tight to my white suitcase and made my way inside the palace, Its huge. About the same size as in Valdania, where I'm from. What's with all the servants here? They're saying 'hi' or bowing their head to show respect every step I take. A bit creepy don't you think?

I had my white turtle-neck sweater on with a pair of jeans along with black boots and a simple beret above my head. I was here to discuss Leviathan, apparently they have taken Ellie's Partizan, Jamie.

Leviathan. The word made me shutter with fear, they kidnapped me a few weeks ago but it was never shared to the public by my father's orders. It's horrible, they locked me in a room with no food and water for days until my Partizan rescued me. Oh, he gets a vacation and I get to solve the mystery of the most dangerous group in the world, yay! Why isn't Edmund solving this instead of me? He's heir and I'm just a princess who 99% of the country don't know about. As far as I'm aware, I don't even exist to these people.

I heard hushed noises coming from behind the throne room, the maid who escorted me opened the doors "Princess Maya Ashwick has arrived, your majesties," she said. I poked my head inside to see king Alexander, Queen Matilde and Ellie's grandmother on 3 thrones against the velvet. wall. I walked inside, gave a simple curtsy and scanned the room once more. I noticed Ellie's fists clench as soon as she saw me.

Hello to you too my ex best friend!

I was rolled my eyes and that's when I saw another girl, she looked similar to me only her blonde hair was styled in huge blonde curls while mine hung straight. Wait, that's the girl on the news, saying she's the princess of Maradova before Ellie announced her role a week ago. She was Ellie's Portman, of course! I remember seeing her on the news as the princess and me saying she wasn't Ellie. It all makes so much sense now!

"Dad, are you kidding me? You invited Maya?!"

"I missed you too," I said in a sarcastic tone, winking at her as I did so. "Eleanor, she has also been taken captive by Leviathan. If you want to get Jamie back, we have to get as much information as possible," the king said. I couldn't tell if he was angry or disappointed, he was a very hard man to read. Ellie rolled her eyes, grabbing that other girl's hand and squeezed it "But she's Edmund's sister! The one who threatened Lottie!"

My eyes widened "He what?!"

I assumed Lottie was the other girl's name. Ellie marched up towards me and gave me a scowl "Yes, May. He threatened my best friend! I broke his nose as revenge, WHAT DID YOU THINK HE DID?!"

I looked into her dark eyes "I think you need to stop acting like a child," Overlapping arguments started to form, I could see Lottie perplexed and nervous. Why the hell was she nervous? I'm the one here having to talk to Ellie and she was playing princess. "CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" she screamed, I snarled at her and fiddled with my silver ring, it was in a crown design with diamonds scattered across it. The royal rulers sat in silence until Queen Matilde dismissed us. Lottie's face was filled with guilt, this girl is so soft, it's painful.

I took my luggage and went to my room, giving Ellie a scoff before leaving. I saw her whisper something to Lottie before glaring at me. I shrugged it off and continued the journey to my room. I really didn't want to stay here for who knows how long. Ellie hates me and so does Jamie, maybe Jamie even more than Ellie. Whatever I did, I hoped to be out of Maradova the moment we save him.