- Chapter 16 -

Maya's P.O.V

 "May, just open it!" Ellie squealed, trying to snatch the envelope out of my hand. Jamie and I were official now, ever since he came after me at the airport, I re-thought things. All of them convinced me about attending Rosewood Hall with them in London which isn't a bad idea, so I sent a letter. Jamie had an arm wrapped around my shoulders while Ellie and Lottie stared at the envelope in excitement. I took a deep breath, this very message would decide my future. I shut my eyes tight as I peeled open the paper to reveal a piece of white card. Because homeschooling, I've never actually experience what it was like to educate along side fellow students. I had the offer to attend the approved school, Aston Court, but declined the offer after hearing Ellie had done so as well. Plus, I wasn't going to attend a school of preppy, spoiled princes and princesses. I opened one of my squinting eyes to read it.

Dear Ms. Edwards,

I used a fake name seeing as I didn't want to attract too much attention.  

I am delighted to inform you that you are accepted into Rosewood Hall, London, England. You will start your first year as a year 11 in the elective of your choice. You will have the opportunity to choose once you set foot into Rosewood Hall. Your assigned house is Ivy, led by Professor Adina Devine. Keep in mind this school is only for the Righteous, Resolute and Resourceful. I look forward to seeing you when school starts in one month.

 I couldn't breathe, I got in! Me, Maya Ashwick has gotten into Rosewood hall! 

"Well?" Lottie's voice broke into my imagination. I completely forgot they were even there. I jumped up from my bean-bag chair "I GOT IN!"

Ellie's rec-room broke into chaos of screams and hugs. My two best friends squeezed me tightly as a congratulations!  Jamie gave me a kiss with a large smile on his face, this was the best news I've heard since the airport. But he still wasn't wearing his pendent, what even happened to it? I'll ask him later when we have the time. 

"Wait," Lottie paused "Which house are you in?"

I studied the letter one more time "Ivy, it says."

Ellie and Lottie fist-bumped "THE FOUR ROYAL IVYS!"

I didn't want to break the amount of joy in this room but 'The four royal Ivys' was not the best name. Oh hell, who cares? I have gotten into Rosewood hall where my two best friends and boyfriend attend. Not to mention I was in the house as them! Jamie nudged me a little, the grab of his hand morphed my proud face into a troubled one "Come with me,"

 Jamie and I left the room, his hand never let go of mine. He led me to the garden, untameable rose branches surrounding us like a maze of beauty. We sat at the edge of the fountain, why were we here? "May, I've been meaning to ask you this for a while," he started, hesitation in his voice.

"What's wrong? Are you ok?"

 His face was tense, full of concern. I almost felt bad about feeling so excited about my letter of acceptance.

He took a sharp exhale "I don't know if I'm just hallucinating, but why were you so shaken when you saw Haru? You've never met him before, neither do you know who he is."

"Well..."

 He furrowed his brows at the unexpected response "Well? Well what?"

I looked away, I didn't want to get into the story of how Leviathan kidnapped me. Haru was like a summer-breeze; calm but sometimes it's not what you want. When I was held captive, he was acting nice. But on the other hand, he was part of Leviathan, and that's all I'll ever see of him. Jamie looked...well...anxious.

I began with a slight bit of fear "I was kidnapped by Leviathan about a month ago, and......he was there."

 I felt his grip grow tighter on my hands, this was definitely a mistake. His jaw clenched, he looked like a predatory wolf. "Jamie," I whispered, attempting to release my hands from his grasp and failing miserably. I could hear a low mental growl coming from him, he was seeking blood and victory. "Jamie, it's fine. Haru has been taken back to Japan, don't go all 'Partizan Hi-ya' on him,"

 It was an attempt of a joke so he wouldn't be stressed out. A 'Partizan Hi-ya' was something I called their training: I made it up when I was 10. Jamie's expression softened "You're right, but I'm afraid you guys see him in the wrong when he can act nice at certain times,"

 "I know that but he's a part of Leviathan. A devilish group that has ruined the lives of so many people and children. No offence to your father or anything,"

"I-"

Before Jamie could go to the second word of his sentence, Ellie interrupted us with a wave of her phone. She dangled the screen in front of my face, how did she even get here? She shook it more aggressively "Read it,"

 I took the phone from her hand, giving her a side look while I did so. My eyes widened, I read through the e-mail Ellie had received. Only one sentence stood out to me.

Haruki Hinamori has escaped.

My hands rambled. No, no no! 

"May, are you alright?"

I could feel the vibration inside my body growing each second. Repeating the words in my head,  the voices of Jamie and Ellie drowned away. "Haru..." I started, my lips trembling every word and my breath quickening.

"Haru what?" Jamie asked in a sadly sickening tone.

Ellie put her hand on my shoulder and rubbed it, she shook her head gently to signal Jamie a don't-push-it sign. "Haru...has escaped,"

 Jamie went numb, I couldn't tell by his expression whether he was feeling angry or happy. I understood if he did feel a glint of joy, Haru was a nice person but I'm afraid Leviathan overlooked all that. Ellie's face showed guilt: guilt that was so rare to be seen from her. She shook her head furiously "Let's not get ahead of ourselves, it's not like he's going to murder us. We should just focus on what this year of Rosewood brings."

I gave a sensitive look to Jamie, stroking his left cheek softly until he would cave in from all the vulnerability. He took a great sigh and rubbed the bridge of his nose in stress. Ellie and I exchanged concerned glances, she tightened her grip around the phone I handed back to her. Throwing my arms around Jamie, I whispered into his ear softly "Whatever we're going to face, we'll all go through it together. We're all here for you; we always will be."

 His face softened a bit as he hugged me back. It was heart-warming knowing that Jamie finally realised he wasn't alone. Thoughts and possibilities raced through my mind of the school year we were going to face.

 We were heading for a hectic year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second to last chapter guys! Yes, I will be writing a second sequel to this book with the experience of Rosewood Hall for Maya. We still have tons of mysteries and questions for the upcoming year! What happens to Haru? Are Leviathan still after Jamie? What elective will Maya choose? Will Jamie wear his wolf pendant again? I have tons of ideas and lmk if u have some too! I'll be publishing this book sooner or later. To the fact I've only been on Wattpad for a few months and have gotten such support is unthinkable and I'm eternally grateful for every single one of you! 

 Though the sequel may come out in a few weeks or so. I don't really have the schedule jotted down that well yet. School had recently began and I'm left with heaps of homework and school work. 

 As always, stay amazing. Ilyy <3