- Chapter 14 -

Ellie's P.O.V

 A woke up to hear a loud pounding on my bedroom door, do people have nothing better to do these days? I checked my phone with sleepy eyes. 9:30 a.m. Who the hell bangs on your door at 9:30 in the morning? Another loud knock made me jump.

"GO AWAY!" I shrieked, covering my ears with my black pillow, I needed at least another hour of sleep before I could be capable of doing anything at all. 

"Ellie, it's Jamie," the familiar voice of my Partizan was muffled over the door. Was Jamie seriously asking me about relationship advice at this time? I let out a huge groan, inky black hair covering my face as I stretched my arms across my dark mattress. With all my strength, I pulled myself off the comfort of my bed and opened the door sleepily to see Jamie leaning on the door frame. "What do you want?" I yawned in an angry tone.

"Good morning to you too." sarcasm in the tone he spoke, hair ruffled and fluffy.

I rubbed my panda eyes "If you're gonna do your 'Jamie Volk Mockery' at 9:30 in the morning right after you woke me up from a good sleep, I prefer for you to leave me alone."

He chuckled, inviting himself inside my bedroom. I shut the door tight, dropping my body back onto my bed. Black nightwear making me one with the bed, I was connected to it, my bed was my home. I just needed some sleep! I swear, it was 9:30 on a Saturday. SATURDAY! 

"I just wanted to ask if you know where Maya is?" 

"I dunno, maybe she's with Lottie?"

He rubbed his chin and got up from the black couch he was sitting on "Ok, thanks."

 With that, he shut the door leaving me with peace for another 3 hours of sleep. 

-----------------------------------

Lottie's P.O.V

I was flicking through the pages of Oscar's diary with a cup of tea in my hand. I loved moments like this, moments where I got become fascinated with past Portmen. With a sip of my tea, I looked out the large white window behind me, blossoms blooming in the distance. Before I could get back to reading, a figure with caramel skin raced inside the room. "Lottie, have you seen Maya?" Jamie asked, pacing a little. 

My eyes widened "She didn't tell you?"

Jamie looked perplexed but alarmed "Tell me what?"

I looked at the floor, was I really the only one who knew? I could feel the nerves inside my body rambling to every second of this stiff conversation. His face was full of worry, I felt bad seeing him like that. It wasn't like him, he was Jamie Volk. Harsh, strong and stubborn not paranoid at all. I took a deep exhale "May's parents want her back in Valdania, they heard about Haru's attack and think it's best to return to her country. She left 10 minutes ago,"

 Jamie's face tensed, like he just lost something of such important value. He held his position but I could see small pools of tears in the corner of his eyes. I sipped my tea, there was nothing to say, I could only look at Jamie's severe reaction. Then again, I would also be horrified to know one of my closest friends had boarded a plane without letting me know. He sat next to me, a horrified expression plastered over his face "I lost her...again," 

"I'm sorry but what did you need to say to her?"

Jamie shook his head "Nothing. We should go tell Ellie she left,"

When will Jamie stop ignoring my questions? My keen instinct was telling me something was bothering him. Both of us got up from our seat. Jamie kept the door open while I buried Oscar's diary back in my satchel. We walked past the paintings of past rulers and their intense stares, I avoided eye contact with Claude, or to come to think of it....I was avoiding eye-contact with Jamie's father. 

"Ellie, open up," I sighed, placing my fist on the white wooden door. As far as I knew, Ellie was probably still asleep, it was only 10:00 a.m. The doors opened, revealing a tired and sulky princess. 

"Jamie! LET ME SLEEP-Lottie?" Ellie's face softened the moment she saw me through the door, she gestured a smile before turning her gaze over to Jamie "aren't you supposed to be confessing to Maya somewhere?"

Was that why he wanted to find her? To confess? To confess what exactly? I hated being left out whenever Ellie and Jamie talked. Flashbacks from 2 years ago flooded my mind, when I first met Jamie and when the two were screeching at each other in Maravish about my job as a Portman. Back to a much more confusing time, now it felt more surreal, a fairytale, but mine was about to end after Ellie's reveal.

"Maya left for Valdania," Jamie replied shrilly, looking at the ground "I didn't even have time to give this back to her." He held out a sleek silver ring, encrusted with diamonds and in the shape of a tiara. The ring I was so familiar with, Maya's ring. Why ever did she take it off?

Ellie groaned blatantly "Jamie, from watching a MILLION cheesy romance movies with Lottie I assume you know what to do next?"

I blushed furiously as Jamie replied to Ellie's sarcastic comment with a raise of a brow. Did I make them watch too many movies? I have a hunger for fairytales and romance novels/movies, they make me gratified. Maybe this was a sign to stop showing them those. I believe strongly that there was one perfect person for everyone on earth; soulmates basically. Maybe Jamie's was Maya. 

The Partizan shrugged with a puzzled expression.

"JAMES RAJPUT VOLK WOLFSON ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT ALL THE NONSENSE OF CHARLOTTE EDITH PUMPKIN'S MOST CRINGED ROMANCE AND FICTIONAL MOVIES HAVE NOT STRUCK ONE SINGLE CLUE INTO YOUR BRAIN ABOUT HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THE RUNAWAY PRINCESS, MAYA CLARISSA ASHWICK?! OR TO SIMPLIFY IT, THE GIRL YOU LIKE?!"

Jamie and I flinched at Ellie's outburst. This is what happens when she doesn't get enough sleep. When Eleanor Prudence Wolfson calls you by your whole name, you'll know if she's angry about something. I stood there, motionless and hardly blinking: Ellie's intense mood-swings made my head spin. Was anyone going to explain to me what was happening? 

 Ellie rubbed the bridge of her nose in a livid way, waiting for Jamie to answer. In response to her, he shrugged, making my cheeks turn a bright scarlet from the embarrassment released upon me.

"We're going after her, Jamie."