- Chapter 13 -

Jamie's P.O.V

 Annoyed and hurt, I marched towards the castle gardens, the only place where the presence of my mother remained. The twisted vines and blooming blossoms surrounded me as if telling me to ease up and enjoy this very moment --- even though it was just an escape. The silver moon glowed above me, I closed my eyes and let all my irritation control my clenching fists. Maya's cries snapped me back to reality.

"Jamie!"

I continued walking towards the fountain, ignoring her. I couldn't face Maya right now, I shouldn't have done what I did that night either. 

"Jamie!" I could hear the pacing of her breath. She was far behind me, running as I predicted. I still had no idea what there was to be upset about. Ellie asked me a simple question, why did it lead to such fury?

"Jamie! No matter how many times you'll ignore me, we have to talk about it!" Maya growled, grabbing my arm and turning me around to face her. 

"Talk about what!?" I suddenly yelled, shaking her hand off hesitantly. Her heavy breathing was the only source of sound during the cold winter night, mine completing the pattern "Why would we have to talk!?"

"Because don't you think it would've meant something to me?"

She had a desperate and vulnerable look on her face while I stayed silent. Maya's face morphed into despair, she had a hand on her chest, where her heart was. The moonlight brightened our faces, highlighting Maya's features. My heart was thundering, it meant something to her? In all honesty I couldn't tell whether she was lying or not. I was about to respond when a cold hand pulled me the opposite direction.

"Jamie-kun, why did you run away?"

Haru.

Maya's eyes widened, she looked as if she lost all control in her body. Skin as pale as paper, she covered her mouth with both her her hands to stop her from sobbing. Why was she crying? She hadn't even met him before. The scent of an ocean-breeze flooded my nose. Haru cocked his head to the side to get a better look at Maya. 

"Looks like you've made friends with Princess Ashwick," he smirked but in a breezy way I was so familiar with. Maya looked like she was about to collapse. I immediately brushed my hand out of Haru's grasp and took a step back towards the golden haired princess, putting my hand in front of her body to show protection. I heard the sound of running from two separate people. Ellie gave a low growl the minute she saw Haru, like the wolf inside of her ready to spark. As soon as she noticed, Lottie wrapped arm around Maya's shoulders to help her from breaking down.

"Jamie, we should go back to your father," Haru held out a hand for me to take with a soft yet devious side smile. Two seconds later, I would soon be a part of Leviathan again, but the only reason I ever joined was to save Lottie and save her from the Wolfsons. I looked at the golden ring wrapped around my finger, memories blew by me of Lottie, Ellie, and most importantly, Maya, my real family. Then my mother and father, Hirana Rajput and Claude Wolfson, my birth family. Maybe I was the one who needed saving, and maybe I was already saved from my own father. I looked sophistically at the 3 girls stood behind me. 

It was me all along

Instead of taking his hand, I grabbed him by the elbow and twisted it until he let out a yelp. 

"Jamie-kun, what are you doing?"

I let go of his arm, pushing him backwards "Getting my life back, you little-"

Ellie cut me off with a loud cry while sending a punch at Haru's fragile face. Nose bleeding, he grabbed Ellie's arm and locked her in arms of his own. Ellie let out another growl, trying to break free from his clutch. I was about to strike him another time when I heard a melodic but loud voice say..